Today’s Artisan blog hop is an explosion of Sale-a-Bration inspiration.
Let’s face it, Sale-a-Bration is a huge hit this year with a fantastic product line up.
I love looking on Pinterest and seeing all of the great ideas. I’m even more excited to see what the Artisan team has up their sleeves today. Let’s get busy.
When I saw the samples in the Sale-a-Bration catalog, I couldn’t wait to use the Avant Garden stamp set.
Typically I don’t reach for a floral set, but the samples were so inspiring I couldn’t wait to ink this set myself.
First thought when I inked up this gorgeous flower was water coloring. I love how this card turned out with a few simple water coloring techniques.
Tips & Tricks
- Create a watercolor wash using Crumb Cake ink and Aqua Painter onto the Watercolor Paper (2-1/2″ x 4″) first. Let the ink absorb and dry.
- Stamp flower image using Archival Basic Black ink then watercolor image using Pear Pizzaz and Flirty Flamingo inks. Stamp the dots image over flower image using Crumb Cake ink. To achieve a soft look, I stamped off several times before stamping over the flower.
- Tear the bottom of the Watercolor paper and curl one end. I like to use my Aqua Painter to saturate the paper, making tearing very easy. Once torn, attach this piece to another piece of Watercolor Paper measuring 2-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ using dimensionals.
- Stamp greeting and die cut using Stitched Shapes Framelits. Attach with a small doily and twine underneath the die cut.
Finally, attach the watercolor paper to your card front of Whisper White (3-3/4″ x 5″) and then onto your Whisper White thick cardstock base (4-1/4″ x 11″).
Solid Flower Image
I wanted to try my inking hands using the solid flower image, and I love how this card came out.
I kept this card pretty simple, so the focus was on the beautiful flower.
Tips & Tricks
- The flower was stamped using Calypso Coral ink, then watercolored around the image using Sahara Sand.
- I fell in love with the beautiful Metallic Ribbon on page 11 of the Sale-a-Bration catalog. Not only does is look fantastic with the shiny gold and silver accents, but also it’s very pliable. I’m totally impressed, and this is FREE (one silver, one gold) with a $50 purchase.
- Lastly, the Petal Burst embossing folder was a perfect background addition for this card.
No doubt, the Avant Garden stamp set will provide a delicate touch to any handmade cards with the beautiful floral images and fonts. Let’s not forget the FREE factor as well. Every $50 you spend in my online store you can receive a free product from the Sale-a-Bration catalog.
Look at all of the great products available this year.
The inspiration doesn’t stop here. It’s time to see what the Artisan Team has created.
Your next stop is with my friend Louise Sharp. Oh boy, are you going to love this gals designs? She has the art of bringing a soft, beautiful look at every single project.
Hot News-Don’t Forget!
Order $50 in products from my Online Store and receive a FREE tutorial packed with exclusive projects.
Plus receive a hand stamped card from me with a gift.
Looking to learn new stamping ideas and techniques?
Click HERE to see my online class tutorials and stamp in the comfort of your home!
Looking for more ideas using this year Sale-a-Bration products?
Did you see the last Artisan Blog Hop? Click HERE to see gorgeous Valentines projects.