Creative Gift Packaging Ideas
Do you struggle at this time of year with creative gift packaging ideas?
Today the Creation Station team has a blog hop filled with creative packaging and gift gifting ideas.
Creative gift packaging can mean all sorts of things. A few things that come to mind are tags, bows, and boxes.
I thought I would show you a little of each today and one is a fun project you can create in no time that can serve as an ornament and a pretty embellishment to a package.
Every year my mother places a new Christmas ornament on each of our packages and they are so pretty hanging from the gifts.
I wanted to use her idea as my inspiration to get started. Then I found a fun idea on Pinterest and ran with it.
A simple wreath created using Ball Jar Lids. It’s SO fun and EASY!
Creating the Wreath
You only need a few supplies to get started and embellishing the wreath can be very simple.
Here are the supplies you will need to create the wreath:
- Ball Jar Lids
- Glue Gun
- Kraft Rope Trim (Currently on Sale)
How To Create the Wreath
- Simply take any burlap ribbon or in my case the Kraft rope ribbon, and begin by placing a little hot glue inside the jar lid to hold your ribbon in place. Once you have gone around the entire lid, wrap a few more times to create a finished look. Hot glue will keep the ribbon in place.
- Wrap a piece of Bakers Twine or Gold thread so you can hang your wreath from a Christmas tree or your gift packaging.
- Be creative with embellishing. I used the Pretty Pines thinlits to create the pine needles at the top of one the wreaths. Then I finished off the wreath using Very Vanilla 1/2″ Lace Trim to create the bow.
I used the Holly Builder Punch to create the holly leaves for the other wreath. Very simple, yet elegant.
Quick & Simple Gift Tag
One of my go to products from the Holiday Catalog this year has been the White Gift Boxes. They are the perfect size and easy to embellish.
The best part of these boxes are the clear belly band that comes with each box.
The boxes measure 3″ all around. I took a 3″ x 12″ piece of Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate and wrapped inside of the clear belly band. It was a perfect fit and gave this box a little more fancy.
Creating the Tag
- Adhere a piece of Whisper White cardstock (3″ x 3″) to the top of the box (over the clear belly band).
- Stamp a few pines onto the Whisper White using Garden Green and Pear Pizzaz inks using the Christmas Pines stamp set.
- Create pine needles using the Pretty Pines Thinlits. Attach to the Whisper White cardstock using a glue gun.
- Create a tag by using the Lots of Labels Framelits with your Big Shot.
- Stamp the greeting from the Christmas Pines stamp set using Whisper White Craft ink. Heat emboss with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Punch a small hole at the top.
- Wrap the Cherry Cobbler 3/8″ Silky Taffeta ribbon into a bow a few times and attach to box using a glue gun.
- Attach Gold thread to the tag and thread a few of the Mini Jingle Bells to the thread. Attach tag to box with a glue gun.
What Will You Create?
While I’ve only given you a few ideas for creative gift packaging I hope these inspire you to be creative when it comes time to wrap those gifts.
As always… enjoy the process. It’s the love behind the packaging that means the most.
Time to Hop Along
Now enjoy a few more packaging ideas from the Creation Station Designers. Simply click the next button and hop along!
Is there anything better than enjoying a Sunday of inspiration? As you enjoy these, I’ll be putting up the Christmas tree with the family. We will blast the Christmas music, I will sing loudly…. and the kids will put ornaments up FASTER. Works every year!
End of Year Close Out Sale
Click the photo below and see all the GOODIES on sale.
New Tutorial Available
The December Tutorial is now available.
Purchase $50 in my Online Store in December and get the tutorial FREE.
SUBSCRIBERS: Tutorial was emailed on Saturday, December 3rd. Email me if you DID NOT receive it.
Document Your December
Are you ready to document the most wonderful time of year through memory keeping?
You may remember last year I offered a Hello December Online Class sharing daily photo, journaling and title prompts to help you create a magical keepsake for years to come.
I’m excited to offer this class again. YAY YAY YAY!!!
Before you click the link to read more about it… I want to tell you a few things….
If you purchase the following products from my Online Store you can receive the tutorial FREE.
- Emerald Envy 6 x 8 Project Life Album #142009
- Hello December 2016 Project Life Card Collection #142004
- Project Life Hello December 2016 Accessory Pack #142693
- Page Protectors 6 x 8 Variety Pack 2 #142010
- Page Protectors 6 x 8 Project Life Photo Pocket Protectors #135297
Click HERE to learn more about the Hello December Online Class!