New May Tutorial and Hop
It’s time for another great blog hop by the Tutorial Design Team. This month I’m excited to share a card using the stamp set Waterfront, the set I used for my portion of the tutorial this month.
The May tutorial is packed with beautiful projects using products that are current and you will find in the new catalog. In other words, this tutorial will be a great reference to use for many many months. Check out the sneak peek below!!
Waterfront Stamp Set
This month I chose to use the Waterfront stamp set for my tutorial. I’ve had this set sitting in my big pile of stamps to use and I loved how this set looked from the start. The watercolor look was the first attraction followed by the many waterfront scenes that you can make.
For today’s card, I decided to pair this stamp set with another favorite, High Tide.
I added the High Tide set for two small elements on this card. I wanted to add a few birdies at the top of the card and also for a little sea grass along the palm trees.
Tips & Tricks
- When stamping the water background I used Pool Party and Bermuda Bay inks. I stamped each image, then stamped off once then stamped onto the Whisper White.
- I stamped the sand using Sahara Sand, stamped off once then onto Whisper White.
- To create the sunset, I masked off the sand image, stamped the sun using Tangerine Tango ink. I stamped this a few times to create a darker image. As well, I used my Aqua Painter with Daffodil Delight ink in the center to give the sun a little more effect.
- I added the tiny sequins across the water and sand for the look of seashells. Lastly, I added two of my favorite things, a small piece of a doily along with Linen Thread.
- The layers of paper under the focal image is a piece of Vellum, and designer series paper. I love how Vellum softens any look.
Follow the Hop, Be Inspired!
Interested in purchasing this tutorial? Simply click the button below and purchase the tutorial. You will have 13 card tutorials at your fingertips filled with pictures and details to create on your own.
Now be inspired and enjoy seeing fabulous ideas from the Tutorial design team. Click the links below to follow the hop.