Happy New Year! January All-Star Tutorial
It’s hard to believe a new year has started. I’m super excited to see what is in store for my family in 2018. I’m not one to make New Year’s resolutions. I’ve never kept one, so it makes no sense in making them. Honestly, I live day by day never knowing what’s in store or what God has planned. I just live and enjoy!Today I’m sharing a fun card using the Lots of Lavender stamp set from the Sale-a-Bration brochure for All-Star Team Blog Hop. Lots of Lavender is the set I chose to use in our January All-Star Tutorial, and it’s beautiful!
This sweet set is perfect for the spring and if time had permitted I would have made something with a sweet lavender sachet. I can think of numerous projects to use this set, but I chose to make a simple card using a fun technique that I always love to use.
Tips & Tricks
- I stamped the lavender image along the side of the Whisper White paper so that only the flowers would show. I used Wisteria Wonder ink for the solid image that colors the flowers.
- To stamp the leaves, I used Old Olive ink.
- I wanted to add a little color around the flowers which was easy to do using my Aqua Painter and Soft Sky ink. It’s just a little addition, nothing to take away from the flowers.
- Once everything is stamped, I added splatter using Rich Razzleberry ink and an Aqua Painter.
- The scallop border was created using the Window Box Thinlits.
- To create the greeting I cut a piece of Wisteria Wonder cardstock (1″ x 4″). Then using my bone folder, I loosened the fibers so I could peel the cardstock layers. Then I stamped the cardstock using Basic Black Archival Ink using the greeting from the Picture Perfect Birthday. I love this font and like how this greeting finished the card. Both stamp sets will be available for purchase starting January 3rd.
Now it’s time to be inspired. Next on the blog hop is the talented, Linda. Simply click the button below to see her beautiful project.
Below you will see all of the supplies used.