Halloween Party Idea Using Die Cuts
Do you need a quick and simple Halloween party idea?
Today I’m sharing a simple Halloween card and fun treat bag.
You will just die over the cuteness the Jar of Haunts creates with the Everyday Jar Framelits.
Another huge bonus…
Today is a fantastic blog hop with the Creation Station…. our theme is “To Die For!”
Creating a Mesh for Mr. Mummy!
This mummy image in the Jar of Haunts is definitely a favorite for many.
I had a fleeting idea to create mesh background to coordinate with the mummy.
This was a simple task using Stampin’ Up!’s Ghoulish Grunge stamp set.
To create the layered mesh background for the mummies to layer onto, follow these steps:
- Begin by stamping the mesh background image onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measures (3-1/2 x 4-3/4) using Sahara Sand ink.
- Tear cardstock into 4-5 strips. Crumble and fold each of the strips of cardstock into your hands until they are a ball.
- In addition, unfold each strip, sponge Sahara Sand ink over each of the strips to add emphasis to the wrinkles in the paper.
- Layer and overlap each of the cardstock strips onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock measuring 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 using dimensionals. Leave a small amount of the Whisper White cardstock showing at the top and do not adhere the top layer completely.
- Layer the Whisper White cardstock onto Sahara Sand cardstock measuring 3-5/8 x 4-7/8 using Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- Wrap a piece of Very Vanilla Thick Bakers Twine around the layers, tie in a knot and then another knot towards the bottom. Tip: Separate the Thick Bakers Twine so the twine is not as bulky around the card.
- Using dimensionals, add this layer to a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock 3-3/4 x 5.
- Create tag for the top of the card by die cutting a piece of Whisper White cardstock using the Tags & Labels Framelits. Sponge ink over the entire tag using Delightful Dijon ink. Stamp happy halloween at the top of the tag using the Spooky Fun stamp set. Place the tag behind the top layer of mesh using Fast Fuse Adhesive.
Add the Finishing Touches
- Stamp mummy images using Archival Black ink onto Watercolor Paper and Sahara Sand cardstock. Die cut images using Everyday Jar Framelits. Watercolor the image on Watercolor Paper using Sahara Sand ink and an Aqua Painter. Attach to the card front. Add googlie eyes to mummies.
- Finally, attach card front to Sahara Sand cardstock 4 x 5-1/4. Layer onto Whisper white cardstock base 4-1/4 x 11.
- Optional: add a little splatter to the card. These mummy’s might be cute, but they need to be a little dirty.
Create a Coordinating Halloween Treat
In addition create a Halloween party idea using die cuts that can be quick and simple.
Stampin’ Up!’s Gusseted Cellophane Bags measure 3 x 6 and they are food safe.
By adding a simple tag topper using the largest die from the Lots of Labels Framelits you can have a quick halloween treat in minutes.
Lastly, a simple treat added to the Gusseted Cellophane Bag completes this halloween party favor.
If you are in a crunch to create a fun halloween party idea, remember that die cuts can simplify your creating time with the Big Shot. Choose a die cut that’s versatile and you will get more mileage from its use and create fun treats at the same time. WIN!
Find all supplies for these projects listed at the end of the post.
Creation Station – Time to Hop!
Click the buttons below and be inspired by the designers of the Creation Station team.
World Card Making Day Promotion
A fun promotion from Stampin’ Up! arrives in time for World Card Making Day on Saturday, October 1st -5th.
Click HERE to see the products you can save and stock up on. It’s one NOT to miss.
Check out these fun ideas and card templates using Designer Series Paper HERE.