Touches of Texture- Artisan Blog Hop
Touches of Texture!
Just the title had me squeal for joy at first glimpse of this stamp set.
I couldn’t wait to put this stamp set, Touches of Texture to good use and play.
I wanted to bring a few products and ideas together so I started this card with a completely different design than normal.
Tips & Tricks
Typically, I start every single card with a 4-1/4″ x 11 card base. Not today!
My hope is today’s card will inspire you to try something completely different and create away.
Here are a few instructions to help you create today’s card.
- The base of the card is 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ Whisper White cardstock. Attach a 1″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Moroccan Designer Seriers Paper to the right edge of the card base.
- Attach a piece of Whisper White cardstock (3-3/4″ x 11-1/4″, scored at 5-1/2″) to the card base using dimensionals to create the card. When attaching this piece, make sure to leave a 1/4″ edge so you can see the Designer Series Paper.
- Attach a new piece of Moroccan Designer Series Paper (3″ x 4-3/4″) at a slight angle over the new card front so that the left edge meets the edge of the card base.
- Now its time to embellish. Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 3-3/4″ x 5-1/2″. On the right side stamp the large splatter image using Delightful Dijon ink. At the bottom stamp the long splatter image using Bermuda Bay ink. Stamp the flower images over the previous image using Early Espresso ink.
- Attach Moroccan Designer Washi Tape to the right edge of the cardstock. Place a 1/4 piece of White Delicate Doily, 1/4″ x 3″ strip of Moroccan Designer Series Paper, and a wrapped piece of Linen Thread over the flower image. Staple in place using a hand held stapler.
- Stamp a greeting onto Bermuda Bay cardstock. My greeting was from the Suite Sayings stamp set. Die Cut image using the Tags & Labels Framelits. Attach getting near Designer Paper strip.
- Attach the card front to the card using Dimensionals. Place Bermuda Bay Enamel Shapes to the card.
While I’m sure this design is not unique, it definitely is a new one for me to try. I love the layers and the designer paper that peeks out each side as well as the color combination.
See products used for today’s projects below in the clickable links and shop Online 24/7!
Time to Hop!
Touches of Texture has the perfect amount of texture images as well as florals all mixed together.
Now take a few minutes to see the designs from the other Artisans. Up first is Krista Frattin. Her ideas are always light and fresh with a beautiful simplicity on every project.