Elegant Thank You-Label Me Pretty
I love how the new Label Me Pretty stamp set has playful and elegant images mixed in this set. Today’s card is all about elegance, and simple.
One of my favorite additions to this card is the gold pattern from the Bundle of Love Designer Series Paper. The gold, black and white depicts the elegance.
Keeping it Simple
I’m pretty much a complicated girl. Ask my friends and family and they will tell you that. Well, they may not because they want to be nice, but the truth is I am. Simple is hard for me to accomplish because I always want to add one more thing. When I say add one more thing, I mean in all facets of my life, not just a card.
When I was creating this card, I’m pleased to tell it came easy to keep it simple. I think an elegant card is just that, simple. In this case, less was best.
Tips & Tricks
Here are few creative tips for today’s card.
- I started this card using Whisper White Thick cardstock 4-1/4″ x 11. The main layered piece is Whisper White cardstock 4″ x 5-1/4″. Nine out of ten times I always use Whisper White Thick for a card base, and our smooth Whisper White cardstock for stamping. I find there is a big difference when stamping on the thicker cardstock.
- The Pick a Pattern Washi Tape created the perfect pattern and pop of color I needed for this card. I especially love the designs of this Washi Tape.
- Next, I added a 1/2″ x 3-3/4″ strip of the Gold Bundle of Love Specialty Designer Series Paper across the Washi Tape, and the Basic Black 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon to the card front. To keep these elements in place, I used a staple.
- I stamped the label image using Archival Basic Black ink onto Whisper White cardstock and punched the image out using the Pretty Label Punch. The greeting was stamped using the same ink onto Whisper White cardstock then die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I love these framelits and I love the layered look this gives to the punched image.
- Lastly, I added a few gold Metallic Enamel Shapes for accents.
I hope this elegant card inspires you to create something with a touch of elegance today.
Hopefully, you haven’t missed all of the inspiring ideas using new products since we started this hop. We are now on Day 7. You can catch up by clicking HERE.
Finally, it’s time to hop and see what Maike has created today. Her work is amazing and fresh. Simply click the NEXT button below and hop along. If the link doesn’t work, just click on the blog roll links below.
New Tutorial Available!
Every month I release a new EXCLUSIVE tutorial.
April’s tutorial is filled with out of the box ideas you will love.
Simply click the photo below to purchase -OR- Spend $50 and receive the Tutorial for FREE!