Creation Station- Get Well
Get well cards and packaging came at a perfect time. Some of my family has come down with the good ole summer cold.
Just two weeks ago I was off to the Doctor for a sinus infection and my sweet mom came with me. There is nothing better when your mom comes to your aid when your feeling sicky.
In less than 24 hours she came down with a dreadful cold and literally has been on the couch for days. It was only a matter of time when I would get a phone call that my dad had come down with the same thing. Now they are both on the couch!
Pick Me Up
I’ve been out of town for most of the time they’ve been sick. I figured a sweet card and a little soup would be the perfect pick me up. I hope it helps but even more so I hope they know I want them well and I love them.
Weather Together Stamp Set
While the words Get Well are not found in the Weather Together stamp set, I thought it was the perfect set to use for someone not feeling well. This set along with the summer colors made it all come together.
Tips & Tricks
- A quick watercolor background using Pool party, Bermuda Bay and a very small amount of Cucumber Crush ink was used using an Aqua Painter on Watercolor Paper.
- Behind the negative die cuts of the clouds I created texture using the Softly Falling Textured Embossing Folder.
- The Umbrella Weather Framelits was used to add the edged die cuts for the umbrella’s. These are so unique as they not only die cut, but they have a light embossing to them that is beautiful.
- Did you know this stamp set comes as a bundle? That means you can save MONEY. Check out the bundle HERE.
Soup Makes it All Better
We all know soup makes everything better.
Soup in a bag must be 100x better and could make someone smile.
Tips & Tricks- Soup Bag
- The soup was placed in a Glassine Bag. Once again the bag is embellished using the Weathered Together stamp set.
- Create the topper using the largest framelit in the Layering Circle Framelit Dies. Fold a piece of Old Olive cardstock in half. Place the framelit above the folded edge so it will cut a half scallop circle.
- Using a Sponge Dauber, create dots using Old Olive ink.
- Add a little White Delicate Doily to add a little frill (I’m sure my dad will love this piece! Ha Ha!)
- The greeting is perfect for my parents as they weather the cold together. <giggle>
See products used for today’s projects below in the clickable links and shop Online 24/7!
Give a Little Get Well Love
Creating handmade love is bound to cheer someone up and for someone that isn’t feeling well, this could be the perfect solution.
Take a few minutes to see more ideas on creating Get Well love from our Creation Station Designers. Just click the buttons below to take a hop around and enjoy on this awesome Sunday Morning.
Click the Links and Shop!