Shaking Up a Masculine Card
I love to shake things up and today I’m sharing a few masculine cards and one is a shaker card. YAY!
Plus it’s a beautiful Sunday to share inspiration with my friends at the Creation Station. Another YAY! YAY!
It’s almost as if I had to lock up my delicate doily selection so I wouldn’t make this masculine card all “pre-ttay!” It’s not easy friends. I can slap a doily on any card QUICK. Today… not so much.
We’ve talked about this before- Masculine cards are not easy. I have to reset my brain to the right man mode to create for the man. Sometimes it works and other times these cards are quickly in need of “something” or head to the big creative trash can.
So what does make a great masculine card? My definition would be …
Masculine Card = Any card that does not have a doily on it.
HA HA HA HA!
Let me share my first card!
The Going Global stamp set is perfect for a man. It has tons of great greetings that any man would love to hear.
The one I’m using today is actually something I say to my Prince. (BTW- he was actually de-throned after the death of “Prince” and I told him he would just have to go by “my man” for a few weeks while I mourn.) I do thank my lucky stars for him-REALLY.
The globe just speaks the man language.
I love how this entire suite coordinates together with the designer paper, embossing folder and images within the set. Perfect collection— that is going away. SO, if you love this collection of products don’t delay. Get them today.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a couple of tips to create this card:
- The Globe is embossed using Black Embossing powder then punched using the 2″ Circle punch. That is matted onto a 2-1/2″ Circle punch (GASP- that’s retiring… no words)
- The metal stars came from the You’re So Lovely kit. *FAVORITE KIT!*
- I tried this new diagonal cut that I’ve seen others doing and I love the stars peeking through the two diagonal cuts. Kinda fun.
Let’s Get Shakin’
I don’t typically make shaker cards, however I had a cute little tub of gold star punches from a card I did LONG ago and they were calling my name to be used. Then I thought how fun would it be to use the big dipper (or is it the little dipper?- Ah- I don’t know, it’s just cute!) and the gold stars together. Reminded me of falling stars…. sigh.
In all honesty, I think I overloaded the shaker but it’s really fun and there are lots of stars. I kinda love that.
Tips & Tricks
- All images are embossed using Black Embossing Powder.
- I used a sponge dauber on the compass image to brighten up the cardstock in a few areas.
- Create easy shaker cards using our Window Sheets (See link below).
- The Confetti Star Punch makes perfect tiny stars for a shaker card.
What made this shaker so much easier is the new addition of Foam Strips from Stampin’ Up! Oh hello. Thank you Stampin’ Up! These will be available in the new catalog June 1st.
I think this looks pretty masculine… maybe minus the gems that I had to put on at the last minute. I couldn’t stand it. A little Rhinestone never hurt a man… I’m sure.
I hope you enjoyed what I shared today. Now it’s time to hop along on the hop and see what the Creation Station Designers have in store for us. Just click the NEXT and BACK buttons to hop along.
You can see all of the products used in the clickable links below.
- New month- New Hostess Code!
- The retired list for this year has been RELEASED!! Click HERE to view!
- Remember, all accessories are while supplies LAST. Get your order in quickly if there is something you want.
- Place an order in my Online Store and receive an EXCLUSIVE Online Class and a FREE gift for choosing me as your demonstrator. The May gift is GORGEOUS!
- Click HERE to shop!
Please be advised- If you hit the no contact button I have no way of sending your free gift or the tutorial.
This makes me incredibly sad as I appreciate your business and have no way of thanking you.
- Have an AWESOME Sunday! XOXOXO