I’m excited when I can show you a NEW stamping trick!
I’m sure this trick has been created before but I’m feeling so great about it I will claim it as my own for just a BIT…
I started this card with Naturals White cardstock. I haven’t used my Naturals White in awhile and I love this cardstock because it’s super thick.
- Next grab your Hexagon Hive Thinlit die and three sponge daubers.
- Place the Hexagon Hive over the center of the Naturals White Cardstock.
- Using THREE different inks and three daubers, gently dauber the ink colors inside the Hexagon openings. I started with one color at the top and worked my way down and added a few random colors at the bottom of the card. What a fun new trick to use the Hexagon Hive as a stencil.
- Place a piece of Vellum across the middle of the card base using dimensionals. Make the end of the vellum a banner.
- Adhere a smaller strip of Watercolor Wonder DSP across the Vellum using dimensionals.
- Using Whisper White cardstock stamp 5 triangles from the Geometrical stamp set using Coastal Cabana, Summer Starfruit, and Pistachio Pudding.
- Punch the Triangles out using the Triangle punch.
- Using Linen Thread, wrap in a crazy mess around the banner. Using a glue gun HOT glue the Linen Thread in place.
- Adhere the Triangles to the card base as shown in the picture above using dimensionals.
- Using Black ink, stamp the sentiment from the Geometrical stamp set across a 1/2 x 5″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Fold over the end and use the Hexagon punch to create a banner. Adhere over the Watercolor Wonder DSP as shown in the picture.
- Adhere a Basic Rhinestone to the banner.
This was a quick card to create due to the coordinating punches and a little sponge daubers. I love the sentiment as well. The Geometrical stamp set is super fun and has great images included.
You can see all the supplies and item numbers below. I hope you recreate this fun new stamping trick this weekend.
I have some exciting NEWS…. and I hope you join me.
YOU + US + MARCH 26 = AWESOME!
Have you ever wished you could stamp with the folks at Stampin’ Up!’s home office? Your wish is granted–and your opportunity is coming soon! Here’s the basic rundown.
Who: You! And feel free to invite your customers, your downline, anyone who wants to play along.
What: This is a live, streaming event where we will stamp with the All Wrapped Up Bundle on page 6 of the Sale-A-Bration brochure. Order the bundle (one for each person who will be attending) in time to have it at the event. Our projects will also feature the Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper, so you may want to order that as the free Sale-A-Bration product. Then choose your preferred device–computer, tablet, smart phone, or even hook up your computer to your TV*–and tune in to learn some fun new things to do with the bundle!
When: March 26, 2014, at 5:30 PM, 7:30 PM, and 11:00 PM (all times MT). We’ll demonstrate the same projects each time, so choose the one that’s best for you.
Where: You don’t even have to leave home. Come to www.youtube.com/stampinupvideo at your chosen time, and be prepared to stamp! We’ll also award door prizes to random participants.
Why: So many occasions are coming–Easter, Mother’s Day, graduations, and more–and we want to help you be ready.
Hope you can make it. We’d love to have you join us!
*Never hooked up your computer to a TV before? Do a search on YouTube and you’ll find loads of instructional videos. Make sure to do a practice run before March 26 so you don’t miss out on any of the party.
Isn’t this awesome? I think it would be great to stamp together. Let me know if you are going to join in the fun and what time.
Stamps: Geometrical #133161 Ink: Coastal Cabana, Summer Starfruit, Pistachio Pudding Cardstock: Naturals White, Vellum, Whisper White Accessories: dimensionals, sponge, Sponge Daubers #102892, Rhinestones #119246, Hexagon Hive Thinlit #132965, Linen Thread, Triangle Punch 133375, Hexagon Punch #130919, Watercolor Wonder #132994
You can find all of these great products in my super cool Online Store!
Have you seen my Facebook Fan Page? I post several times a day to keep you inspired ALL the time.
Be the first to see all the new creativity. I’ll be hosting a few weekend challenges you don’t want to miss.
Have a FANTASTIC weekend.