Merry Patterns Artisan Blog Hop
It’s time for another Artisan Blog Hop using the Merry Patterns Stamp Set. I’m in love with this beautiful deer image. Today I have a special little Pizza Box that I created using this stamp set and some 3 x 3 cards that coordinate. It’s a quick project I think you will enjoy.
This adorable FREE holiday stamp set is only available until October 31st by simply hosting a qualifying workshop ($300 US/ $375 CAD). Watch the video below to see this stamp set in action! Contact your demonstrator today if you have questions on how you can get the Merry Patterns stamp set FREE.
Make sure to check out THIS post using the Merry Patterns stamp set!
Sweet Cards & Pizza Box
When I first started this project I honestly had no idea where it was going. I knew I wanted to create something 3D but wasn’t sure exactly which way to take it. It wasn’t until I looked at a large pile of products stashed on my desk that the idea came flooding to my brain. In that big stash sat the sweet Mini Pizza Boxes.
Once I started I was giddy with excitement. The boxes are SO easy to put together! This makes creating little gift packages QUICK and EASY! Seriously, I need QUICK and EASY with my lifestyle right now. Even better when we have the best stamp images to make something go from drab to FAB.
The hardest part of my entire project was figuring out my color choice. Once I had that in place it all came together quickly.
Here are a few quick tips to create this belly band for the Mini Pizza Box.
- I used a mix of the Wood Textures DSP for the belly band around the Mini Pizza Box, and the Coffee Break DSP on the top of the box.
- The deer is stamped with Island Indigo Classic Ink, with the outline stamped using Archival Basic Black onto Whisper White cardstock then die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Then I layered the deer image onto a piece of Silver Foil die cut with the Layering Squares Framelits using one of the scallop framelits. You will notice a peek of a doily between the layers.
- One of my favorite trims to use is the Jute Twine. I love to take this twine and separate the threads. I wrapped this around the belly band and tied a bow.
The Inside Surprise
Every good gift needs something fun inside. I decided to create some very simple 3 x 3 cards that can either be used as sweet little notes or even better use it as a tag. Either way, this is a fun gift to give that packs a mighty punch of happiness.
Tips and Tricks
- I stamped the outline of the deer using Island Indigo Classic Ink randomly over the Island Indigo Cardstock.
- The greeting was stamped onto a piece of the Coffee Break DSP and attached to a small Early Espresso scallop layer using the Decorative Ribbon Border.
- Quick embellishments included the Metallics Sequin Assortment and 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon. I filled the Mini Pizza Box with six of these 3 x 3 cards.
Now it’s time to be inspired by the other Artisan Designers. Click the button below to see what my friend Louise has created using the Merry Patterns Stamp set.
Kimberly Van Diepen
Miriam van Eyden
You can see all of the products used for today’s project in the clickable links below.
PS-I’ll be updating you with my latest adventures in the next few days. Lots of happiness happening!
Need more inspiration? Check out my latest tutorial filled Holiday Catalog ideas plus many more tutorials by clicking the button below. Be inspired by more ideas HERE.