Bold Bright Color Combination
It’s Day 4 of the Display Stamper blog hop, and today I have a beautifully bold, bright color combination. More and more these days I gravitate towards the more brilliant colors. If you took a journey back over the years on my blog, you would see that I was a steady Eddie for neutral color schemes.
I guess as I’ve aged, the brights are keeping me young. They are so fresh looking. Of course when you add in the new Lemon Lime Twist, it becomes even fresher!!!
Orange Blossom with a Twist
I made a small comment the other day about a funny with the Orange Blossom set. Here’s the thing, I had no idea the name of this stamp set when I received it. I had no idea the circle image you see above stamped in Bermuda Bay ink was an orange. This is one of the reasons I love stamps. It’s awesome to use an image in a different way, and I love how it turned out for this card.
New products used on this card:
Here are a few of the new products I used for this card.
- Orange Blossom stamp set
- Lemon Lime Twist cardstock and ink
- Berry Burst cardstock
- Pick a Pattern Washi Tape
One of my favorite new products on this card is the Pick a Pattern Washi Tape. First, I love the black and white. Second, there are two of the washi tapes that are beautiful and wide.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips when creating this card.
- Whisper White Thick cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ was used for the card base, scored at 5-1/2″ and folded in half.
- I stamped the circle image using Bermuda Bay ink on the top left of the card front. Then I added the little dots around the circles using Lemon Lime Twist Ink.
- I used the Pick a Pattern Washi Tape was layered on the bottom half of the Whisper White cardstock.
- Next, the greeting was stamped onto Berry Burst cardstock using Archival Basic Black ink then die cut using the Lots of Labels Framelits. I couldn’t help myself… I added a little piece of Delicate White Doily and some twine underneath. You can also see a 1/4″ strip of Lemon Lime Twist cardstock. I love that little pop of color. Color makes me happy pants.
Try This- Color Combination
You can find AVAILABLE products in the clickable links below.
Finally, it’s time to hop and see what Maike has created. Simply click the NEXT button below and hop along. If the link doesn’t work, just click on the blog roll links below.
New Tutorial Available!
Every month I release a new EXCLUSIVE tutorial.
April’s tutorial is filled with out of the box ideas you will love.
Simply click the photo below to purchase -OR- Spend $50 and receive the Tutorial for FREE!
Speaking of retiring click HERE to download the retired list.