Jar of Haunts
Forgive me because I can’t stop. The Jar of Haunts has been one of my favorite Halloween stamp sets!
I put the stamp set on the shelf. I told myself it was time to move on.
Well, it was time for an Artisan blog hop and I couldn’t help to pull out this cute stamp set.
Cute Always Gets Me!
The fact is, if something is cute I’m going to love it.
Jar of Haunts cute factor sold me right away.
Now if you add in the Pool Party to this entire Halloween mix… I have now hit the edge of Halloween glory.
Tips & Tricks
- Start coloring of the jars with a blender pen. When blending color on Whisper White with a Blender Pen, be careful not to blend the pen in one area for too long. This will create what I love to call “paper boogers!” The paper will begin to peel.
- To create brighter color after using a blender pen, try taking a Sponge Dauber and sponge lightly over images.
- The Everyday Jar Framelits coordinates perfectly with the Jar of Haunts stamp set.
Nothing Haunted Here!
There was nothing haunted about this next card. The pumpkins were stamped onto Watercolor Paper, then watercolored using an Aqua Painter.
The pumpkins were masked to give the illusion of the pumpkins stacked to gather.
Tips & Tricks
- To achieve the look of the pumpkins stacked together, stamp a pumpkin onto a post in note. Cut around the image as close as possible.
- Stamp one pumpkin onto Watercolor Paper. When stamping the next pumpkin, apply mask over first pumpkin. Now stamp the pumpkin next to the first one. Do you see how the pumpkin you just stamped looks like its behind the other?
- Watercolor the pumpkins using Pumpkin Pie ink first. Then watercolor using Tangerine Tango around the edges to darken the color.
- Watercolor the sky using Soft Sky ink.
There is Still Time!
There is still time to create plenty of Halloween and fall projects.
Whether it’s mummies, ghosts, witches or pumpkins, Stampin’ Up! has a variety of fun halloween sets to choose from.
Click the links below to see all the supplies used for the projects I shared today and continue to enjoy the Artisan’s inspiring projects on the hop.
Take a hop over to Krista Frattin’s blog to see her amazing project.
Awesome Designer Paper Promotion happening now.
If you are a paper lover, stock up! Click the photo to SHOP NOW.
Check out these fun ideas and card templates using Designer Series Paper HERE.