Wish you were in my stamp room so you get a real feel of the fantastic texture going on with this card. Check this out!
The texture really pops on this card. Tonight I had my Big Shot School. We do four projects and really use every type of die known to Sizzix. I try to give my customers as much info in a couple hours as I can of all the great uses they can do with this fab machine. One of the best dies I think is just a MUST have is the Top Note die cut. You can make every animal face, body as well as boxes! Another thing my friends learned tonight was a how to turn this great Top Note Die into a Medallion or Circle with cool Design! Not really sure what to call this, but I like it. All I did was cut the original Top Note and then continue to die cut the same top note by lining up the points and turning the Top Note each time. I think I ran the same Top Note through 4-5 times until I got the desired look. Really fun.
Now, about that texture! This new embossing folder is just the bomb! It’s called Final Press. This is a Stampin’ Up! exclusive and it’s so pretty. Here is a quick run down on how I made this card:
1. Stamp Medallion stamp in the corner onto Kraft cardstock using Bashful Blue ink. (WOW that looked so nice to me!!!)
2. Using Final Press Embossing Folder, emboss Bashful Blue cardstock (2 x 5 1/2). Wrap Bashful Blue Taffetta Ribbon around card and tie in a pretty bow.
3. Using Circle #2 Die Cut, die cut large circle. Run through Final Press Embossing Folder.
4. Using Kraft cardstock, die cut using the Top Note die to get the Medallion looking thingy I did. See dircetions above.
5. Using Bashful Blue cardstock and Stampin’ Up! Thanks embosslit, die cut the Thanks embosslit and attach a silver brad on each side of Thanks. Using Bashful Blue ink, lightly sponge over the embosslit and the Large Circle. Attach all elements using dimensionals.
Those were pretty brief instructions, but I hope you get to make one yourself. You just have to touch that wonderful texture. I love it.
Continuing on the Medallion mission I’m on, here is another card I have for you!
This card I used the Medallion stamp with Old Olive ink on the Cottage Wall DSP. You can see it but I did add a little sparkle of dazzling diamonds on the little circles. So fun and bling blingie! This card uses the Stampin’ Up! HI Embosslit and the New Stampin’ Up! Perfect Details Textruz Plate. Another new fav of mine.
You may not believe this but I seriously have about 4 more projects with this stamp coming your way. I just finished a scrapbook page with it. SAY it isn’t SO!
It’s off to bed for me now. It’s been a crazy creative day. This brain needs a little rest a roo!