I realize I’ve been absent. I’ll save that post for another day. Not entirely enough stamping happening but when I do, I rejoice. Sometimes it takes a commitment to the Tutorial Bundle Design Team to get me motivated enough to create.
Each month I create a tutorial with a group of dynamic demonstrators that is by far one of the BEST creative collaborations I’ve done. It’s filled with fantastic ideas, beautiful photography and great instructions that any crafter from beginner or advanced can understand.
If you need ideas, be inspired today by this incredible team of crafters.
This month I used the hostess stamp set Feathery Friends. You can find this stamp set on page 221 in the new catalog. As soon as my eyes made contact with the little birds, I fell in love. These cute chubby birds are darling, and I loved the remaining open lined images.
Keep in mind, none of the cards shared today are in this tutorial. The projects in the tutorial are EXCLUSIVE, not found on the internet and they are SO good! You can either purchase the tutorial for $15 or place an online order of $50 in my Online Store and receive it FREE. Here is a sneak peek of this month’s tutorial below.
Tips & Tricks
Below you will find tips to create today’s card.
- I started with a Whisper White Thick Cardstock (4-1/4″ x 11) for the card base.
- One of my favorite looks right now is the White Embossing Powder on Shimmery White cardstock. Oh my word, embossing on this paper is so pretty. It’s a very subtle look, and the Shimmer cardstock just makes it even more beautiful. You will notice that I stamped the flower at the top and right side of the Shimmery cardstock using VersaMark ink, then coated the images with White Embossing Powder. After I heat set the embossing powder with my heat tool, all I could say was WOW!
- I stamped the Old Olive cardstock (2″ x 2″) with VersaMark, then embossed using White Embossing Powder.
- I stamped the birds using Archival Basic Black ink onto Watercolor Paper, then colored the images using Calypso Coral ink using an Aqua Painter and fussy cut the birds.
- Lastly, I added a few wrapped twine pieces and new ribbon, 3/8″ Mini Chevron Ribbon that is perfect and pliable for folding and tying into a bow.
Now it’s time to be inspired by the other design team and see what amazing ideas these ladies have in store for you today.
Simply click the button below to follow along.