Impressive Jewel Tones
Jewel Tones are one of my favorite color tones to work with. These bright beautiful colors were a perfect fit with the Moroccan Suite.
Big News… time for another inspiring Artisan Blog Hop.
Today you will be inspired by a few amazing products-Moroccan Suite as well as the Thoughtful Banners Bundle.
Gathering the Colors Together
The colors in the Moroccan Designer Series Paper provided the perfect starting point to begin creating.
The color tones in the paper are fresh and instantly I think of a fall, although it’s definitely not limited to fall.
One of the colors I seem to love pairing together is Emerald Envy and Bermuda Bay. When I add a splash of color such as Delightful Dijon and Early Espresso I’m instantly in LOVE.
You will see this in both of today’s cards.
Create a Background
Using the large border image in the Moroccan Nights stamp set created a perfect background. I alternated the images by stamping a full on ink, and then immediately stamped again. This is called generation stamping.
Tricks & Tips
- The greetings were created using the Thoughtful Banner stamp set and the Classic Label Punch.
- Add a strip of the Moroccan Designer Series Paper to add a bit of contrast to the card.
- Stamp the large medallion image onto Very Vanilla cardstock, die cut using the Layering Circles Framelits, layer with Early Espresso scallop circle.
- Ribbon and Enamel Dots provide the perfect embellishment for any project. Stampin’ Up! has a wide variety of coordinating colors for each of these products.
- Use the Gold Wink of Stella pen to add splatter. Simply tap with your bone folder to create the splatter.
Shadow Stamping – Another Way
The last Artisan Blog Hop I shared a fun technique called Shadow stamping. This technique looks beautiful on color cardstock, but what about Very Vanilla or Whisper White.
In order to get the opposite look for this card, stamp the Medallion using Bermuda Bay ink onto the Very Vanilla cardstock, then with the help of the Stamp-a-ma-jig stamp over the same image using Whisper White craft ink.
Note how this created a softer tone of the Bermuda Bay ink and a unique look.
More Tips & Tricks
- Tap the Gold Wink of Stella for the addition of splatter over the Medallion image. Note how this pulls more of the gold (a beautiful jewel tone) tones from the Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate– on sale until September 14th 11:59.
- Another great use for Washi Tape is to hold your Acetate in place on your project.
- Most noteworthy for this card is adding the perfect accent. Try die cutting two Layering Squares Framelits together to create a frame. Off set the frame to add visual interest.
Time to Be Inspired and Create!
Now be inspired by the other Artisans and their projects. Your first stop will be Krista Frattin’s blog. Always a gorgeous project shared by her. Don’t forget to sit and create yourself. We can be inspired by the masses, but make sure you are putting the ideas to use. Set aside time to create something pretty today. Even if you only have 30 minutes.
See products used for today’s projects below in the clickable links and shop Online 24/7!
Place an order through my Online Store and receive a free gift and free Online Class.
Purchase over $50 and you will receive THIS CLASS tutorial for FREE!
NEW Stamps in the Mail!
Click HERE to read ALL the news about it. I’m OVER the MOON with excitement!!
Special Offers- NEW Promotion!
Click the photo below to view this weeks offers. Each week they change. Get this offer WHILE available.
Clearance Items Updated
Did you know that the Clearance Rack was updated? Make sure to check out the good deals.
Remember, they are first come first serve. Once gone…. its REALLY gone and some ARE gone. AHHHH!