Irresistibly Nuts About It
I pulled out a designer paper that I’ve not used since July. Not only was I nuts about it… it’s irresistibly amazing.
Yes, I’m being punny, but truthful. I really wasn’t sure this was going to be something I would fall in love with.
Sometimes things get hidden in my stamp room. They sit under a pile and then its like Christmas morning when I find something and start playing around with it.
The Irresistibly Floral Designer Paper is like magic paper once you add some color to it.
Let me share what I’ve created using it.
Acorny Thank You
The Acorny Thank You stamp set was a huge hit last year when it debuted, and it’s still a favorite of mine for Fall cards.
The coordinating punch- Acorn Builder Punch makes creating with this set quick and simple.
I started with the Irresistibly Floral Designer Paper and Pool Party ink. He paper itself is gorgeous the way it comes, but the intended use is to add any color ink for ANY color of patterned paper you would want.
If you are a beginning stamper, this is a great choice of paper to use with the ink pads you have on hand. Plus you have a great choice of patterns to choose from.
There are many ways you can add ink to the patterned paper. Here are a few:
- Sponge- Simply load your sponge with desired ink, sponge in a circular motion to get desired shade of ink. You can more pressure to the sponge and get a darker look.
- Sponge Brayer- By far one of my favorite tools. What’s unique about this tool? You can wash all of the ink out of the sponge and re-use with other colors. The color goes on very smoothly. Keep giving it movement all over the paper and you will get a gorgeous look. When you are done, simply run the sponge brayer over water until all ink is gone. This tool drys quickly as well.
- Sponge Daubers- I use this typically if it’s only a small area. Sponge Daubers have a small area surface that it will cover, so I love to use Sponge Daubers for the floral patterns. I can use different colors all over the paper and only capture the flowers.
For the card I created, I used the polka dot pattern with Pool Party ink. My tool of choice was the Sponge Brayer since I was going to color a large surface area and make quite a few of these cards.
Tips & Tricks
- Keep the Burlap ribbon in place by simply stapling the acorn to the Burlap and Irresistibly Floral Designer Paper.
- Add the Gold Metallic Enamel Dots to bring out the gold tones in the Delightful Dijon cardstock and ink.
- Create depth to the acorns by using dimensionals when adding the top layers.
- A little spritz of color over the card can add a splash of color to your card.
Be Irresistibly Nuts About Fall
Fall is here and both the Acorny Thank You and Irresistibly Floral Designer Series Paper are great additions for your Fall creativity.
You can find all of the products I used for this card below. Grab them today and get started creating your Fall cards.
A fun promotion from Stampin’ Up! arrives in time for World Card Making Day on Saturday, October 1st -5th.
Click HERE to see the products you can save and stock up on. It’s one NOT to miss.
Stamps in the Mail
There is still time to join Stamps in the Mail using the Seasonal Bells Bundle.
Click HERE to see all of the details and stamp with me.
Latest Tutorial with Stampin’ Up! Bundles
Looking for creative ideas using Stampin’ Up! bundles?
This tutorial is PACKED with amazing ideas and creativity and one not to miss.
Click the photo below to get YOUR copy!