Creation Station -From the Garden
There is nothing better than Fresh Fruit from the garden, right?
The new Fresh Fruit stamp was excellent to use for a few thank you cards and a gift and even better for a new Creation Station blog hop.
Russ and I don’t have a garden but we do have a little orchard we are pretty proud about.
Last year we planted 2 plum trees and 2 orange trees. One of our orange tree’s didn’t make it this year due to a cold snap, but the other orange tree is flourishing. We are so excited to see all of the oranges on this tree.
I told Russ I’m ready for a lemon tree and I’ll be happy as a clam.
My first thought when I started stamping with the Fresh Fruit set was Strawberry Jam. Homemade!! My mom use to make homemade fruit jams when I was little and they were SO yummy. I’ve never ventured into making homemade jam, so the next best thing is my strawberry thank you card.
Tips & Tricks
- This card has many layers, most of which is cardstock and designer paper. The Fresh Fruit set has the coordinating Fruit Stand Designer Paper- it’s SO fun.
- Burlap ribbon was added by folding in accordion style and then stapled onto the circle die cut to stay in place.
- The new Enamel Dots are perfect to add a small embellishment to your projects. Typically when I place these on my cards I always use 3. If you follow your finger to each Enamel Dot, you can see it will form a triangle. This keeps the card elements well balanced.
Basket of Fruit
Another idea I couldn’t get off my brain was a basket of fruit. Except I didn’t want to make a basket.
The next best thing was to create a smaller version of a basket by weaving a few pieces of Kraft cardstock.
Tips & Tricks
- To create the basket, I cut 12 strips of Kraft cardstock at 1/4″ x 3-1/2″.
- Lay all of the strips vertically by placing only a small amount of adhesive at the top. Then weave each of the remaining strips and adhere to the card front.
- Underneath the Kraft cardstock I used the stamp set Touches of Texture to create the splatter background.
- The added touches include a Delicate White Doily, a small strip of the Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper and the Enamel Dots.
Sweet Thank You Gift
Lastly, I was at the ice cream shop the other day and this little shop has an entire wall of sweet candies that I can never resist. The best part is the way they are displayed. You can fill a mason jar with your desired candy. I found the yummiest fruit slices and instantly thought about creating a thank you tag for the jar- perfect gift for a friend.
Wrapping it Up!
The Fresh Fruit stamp set is perfect for the garden lover or the paper crafter at heart. Strawberries, pears, peaches, lemons, oranges, flowers… so many great ideas wrapped up into this one stamp set.
Click HERE to purchase the Fresh Fruit stamp set.
You can see all of the products used in today’s projects in the clickable links below.
Now it’s time to see what all of the other great designers have in their garden. Click the links below follow along on the blog hop.
New to My Website?
If you are new to my site you will learn I love to thank my customers when they purchase from my Online Store. You will receive a special gift and a free class tutorial when you make a purchase. You will also receive a hand stamped card from me in the mail. I do appreciate you! Click HERE to browse new Stampin’ Up! products.
Have a wonderful 4th of July! XOXOXO