Earlier tonight Alexis and I made a trip to our local dollar store and we came to a complete halt.
There it was starring right at us, Valentines stuff.
When your 13 year old looks at you and say’s “Really Mom?”, you know it’s early.
The funny part… I had just created a Valentines card yesterday. I didn’t have the heart to tell Alexis.
Although she knows her mama is crazy and celebrates all holidays months before they actually happen because that is how I roll.
Create a Fruity Valentines
Thought I would share my Valentines card using the Fruit Stand Suite in the main Stampin’ Up! catalog.
I pulled out my neglected Fresh Fruit stamp set and the coordinating Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper so I could create this Valentines card.
One thing about fruit stamps, you can use them all year long.
When creating this card I was inspired by something I say to my kids all the time… “You are the apple of my eye!”
While there may not be hearts fluttering all over the card, hopefully the greeting and the “apples” capture my inspiration for Valentines.
Creating this card uses minimal products and quick to pull together.
- Cardstock base is Whisper White Thick cardstock 4-1/4″ x 11.
- Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper measures 4″ x 5-1/4″.
- Both of the apple images were stamped using Real Red and Watermelon Wonder inks, and Garden Green for the stems onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock measuring 3″ x 4″. This is placed onto a mat of Watermelon Wonder cardstock 3-1/8″ x 4-1/8″.
- The greeting is stamped using Watermelon Wonder onto Whisper White cardstock and die cut using Stitched Shapes Framelits. These framelits will be back in stock mid January. I’ll keep you posted.
- I added two of my favorite embellishments, 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon (pulling one thread to wrap in a circle) and a small piece of a Delicate White Doily. I’m a huge fan of the 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon because of the individual threads. I find I use this all the time on my cards. You can see another example HERE and HERE.
Fight the Winter Blues Creating
I’m not sure if the fruit will fight the winter blues, but I know crafting does.
Whether it’s Valentines you are creating or fun wintery cards, creating makes anything better.
Make sure to check out this post with some great ideas using this stamp set HERE. It’s one of my most popular posts using this set.
You can find all of the products used for this card in the clickable links below.
You can find great stamp sets, ink, cardstock and amazing embellishments in my online store.
Click HERE and see the possibilities for creating fabulous projects this year.
I’d love to be your creative coach and share with you as you begin this hobby or if you are ready to step it up a notch.
Stamp with Me! See Online Classes Available!
Purchase $50 from my Online Store and receive my December Tutorial FREE.
All online orders will receive a hand stamped card with a little surprise inside.
End of Year Close Out Sale
Click the photo below and see all the GOODIES on sale.
These great deals will only last until January 3rd, 2017.