Technique Lovers- Dragonfly Dreams
Do you love trying new stamping techniques? What about old techniques we tend to forget about?
At first glance of the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set my first thought was techniques. It instantly reminded me of collage style creating. As soon as I pulled it out to use, that was my goal.
Then the reality of creating happens and the course of creating changed. Now I couldn’t stop thinking about an old favorite technique, masking!
It Doesn’t Always Have to Be New!
Here’s the thing, many times our crafty brains are always trying to come up with the next big idea or the next great technique but the reality is we miss out on the oldies that are tried and true.
Masking is one technique that always brings that WOW factor when I’m stamping. Like, “OH MY GOSH… I created this!” These are the ideas that many times I say to myself… “Been there done that… need to try something new!”
I’m so glad I let my creative brain go with the flow.
While the Masking technique is and “oldie” it may just as well be a “new” technique to others.
Today I’m sharing an EASY card using a few post-it notes and a beautiful stamp set, Dragonfly Dreams.
Let’s get started!
Grab Your Supplies
Here are a few supplies to grab so you can create this card:
- Dragonfly Dreams stamp set
- Whisper White cardstock 4″ x 5-1/2″
- Post-it Notes (I used a large size post-it note 6 x 8- you can find in any office supply store)
- Ink Pad
Below I created a step by step tutorial on the masking technique.
Here are a few tips that might help you.
- Tear the Post-it note in half which will create a dynamic look for your background. Place over your Whisper White cardstock.
- Keep your fingers placed on the post-it note when you are sponging. This will help so that the ink doesn’t creep under the post-it note.
- Stamp directly over the area you sponged while the post-it note is still in place to create a more dramatic background. I used So Saffron classic ink pad.
Once you have created your masked background, stamp the dragonfly and greeting.
I added the dragonfly die cut over my stamped dragonfly to create a 3D look. I love the details of the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies.
Lastly, a few other embellishments for the card were added such as a doily, Metallic Gold Enamel Dots and a small strip of the Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper Pack (one of my favorites!!)
Grab the Bundle!
Whether the technique is old or new, the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set will offer many ways you can stamp with it. This gorgeous stamp set is part of a bundle where you can purchase the stamp set and thinlits together, saving you 10% on your purchase.
If you are a technique lover, make sure to see THIS technique using framelits. I loved creating this card.
You will find all of the supplies used for this project below in the clickable links.
Hot News! Don’t Miss This
Over the last 6 months, I’ve offered a fun tutorial bundle each month which included 12 tutorials from designers all over the world. This tutorial has been a huge hit. The projects are ALWAYS using Stampin’ Up! current products and different projects such as cards and 3D items.
I’m starting a new 6 month subscription of this tutorial with NEW designers. They are AMAZING artists.
You can get this tutorial a few different ways, let me explain.
- Spend $50 from my Online Store- recieve it FREE
- Subscribe for 6 months (Feb-July) and you will pay for 5 months, getting the 6 month FREE. Subscription is $75.
- Purchase the tutorial individually each month for $15.
Subscribers receive the tutorial automatically on the first of each month.
Tutorials are automatically downloaded after purchase. You can see past monthly tutorials HERE.
Become a Subscriber and BE Inspired!!