Cake crazy is something I am for sure. I love birthdays, especially for the cake. What about you?
Next week we have a special girl celebrating the big 14! Dang. How can this be?
Every day Russ and I just look at each other dazed as he hit new milestones with our kids. Brandon’s driving. Alexis is turning 14 acting like 18. It’s hard. Hard to let them grow up.
While there growing up I sit in my stamp room and pretend they are still wee ones. It’s a sad case of denial and I’m okay with it.
Let’s Get Cake Crazy
I recently participated in a swap with other demonstrators using the new stamp sets from the Occasions catalog and the cards were fantastic.
After changing my mind a few times I finally decided to use the Cake Crazy stamp set for my swap. I love creating birthday cards which made the process easier.
After playing with the Cake Crazy stamp set, I fell deeper in love with the stamp set.
My favorite part creating this card was the color combination. I used a color I haven’t touched in a long time, Tempting Turquoise.
Follow these steps below to create this card.
- Card base is Whisper White cardstock 4-1/4″ x 11.
- Stamp cake pieces using the following ink: Tangerine Tango, Cucumber Crush, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive.
- Stamp the words Spectacular and Crazy onto scrap cardstock and trim as close to the image as possible using Paper Snips.
- Place stamped words onto card front using a dimensional.
- Adhere a 1/4″ x 5-1/2″ strip of Tempting Turquoise down the right edge of the Whisper White card front.
- Adhere a 1″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Party Animal Designer Series Paper onto the right side of the card base using Snail Adhesive.
- Place card front onto card base using dimensional’s.
- Create a splatter over the entire card using a Blender Pen and Tempting Turquoise ink.
- Attach Rhinestones to the card front.
Bringing Birthday’s Back
Now I have a fun card created and placed in my birthday card stash.
You might remember last year around this time one of our dear Stampin’ Up! staff members started a campaign to bring birthdays back by sending MORE birthday cards through the mail. Man did she ever deliver. Over 2,000 cards were sent by her and over 2,000 happy birthday friends received beautiful cards, myself included.
I will tell you I sent more birthday cards last year than I ever have. It felt great, even for a card maker that is terrible about sending cards.
I will continue to encourage you like myself, to keep sending those cards. We all know the smile it brings to someone’s face when they receive happy mail.
With all of the beautiful birthday stamps available from Stampin’ Up!, it’s easy to create and even better to coordinate the products.
Keep in mind, the Cake Crazy stamp set could even be used for a wedding cake.
You can find all of the products used for this card in the clickable links below.
New Exclusive Tutorial Available!
Exciting news. The January Exclusive tutorial is available and it’s AWESOME.
12 beautiful projects to inspire your creativity. Each project has step by step instructions.
You can receive this tutorial 2 ways:
- Purchase $50 in my Online Store and this tutorial will be sent to you for FREE- 59 pages of AMAZING creativity.
- Purchase the tutorial HERE for $15. You will automatically receive the tutorial download after purchasing.
If you are a tutorial subscriber, this tutorial was emailed yesterday to you. Please email me directly if you did not receive it.
Do you love to color? Check out this video of our new Inside the Lines-Specialty Designer Series Paper.
This is a FREE product in the Sale-a-Bration catalog.