Bold Bright Eastern Palace Suite
Although I see very cloudy skies outside, I see bold brights inside. Join me today for a fun Artisan Blog Hop where I’m sharing a fun Bold Bright Eastern Palace Suite card. I’m SO happy with these cards and the inspiration from the Artisans.
Watercoloring with Shimmer White Cardstock
When I placed these bold, bright colors together, I felt like they made a bold statement. The colors just pop off the card.
One thing important to note on this card is my use of Shimmer White Cardstock. I love how the shimmer shows through the water coloring. It’s hard to see this in a photo, but I promise it’s there.
Tips & Tricks
I have many fun tips when creating this card.
- The bold colors I used for this card are Bermuda Bay, Berry Burst, and Lemon Lime Twist. I stamped each of the flowers using Archival Basic Black ink then watercolored using an Aqua Painter.
- One of my favorite elements on this card is the layer of the Gold Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate that I die cut using the Layering Circles Framelits which I placed under the greeting. Confession, I hoard my Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate. It’s so pretty that I let it sit. This design element was inspired by one of my fellow Artisans. I’ve looked for the last 30 minutes trying to find the actual card and who created it, but I can’t find it. It’s such a fun addition.
- I’m in love with the greetings in the Eastern Beauty stamp set. Not only are they great greetings, the fonts are amazing. I watercolored using Berry Burst ink onto Shimmer White Cardstock and then stamped my greeting. Then I die cut the greeting using the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- I added the gold flowers from the Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers around the watercolored flowers.
Bold & Bright with Watercolor Paper
I continued working with the same bold, bright colors for my second card, but this time I used Watercolor Paper.
Tips & Tricks
- I stamped the flowers using Archival Basic Black onto Watercolor Paper, then watercolored using my Aqua Painter. It was easier to add splatter over the flowers before attaching them to the card front. Once they were watercolored and splattered, I die cut using the Eastern Medallion Thinlits.
- Each of the die cut flowers was attached with Mini Glue Dots to the top half of the card. The Mini Glue Dots adds a slight and perfect dimension to the flowers.
- I added the gold star stickers from the Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers. I placed a gold Metallic Enamel Shape into the center of each of the stickers.
- Lastly, I stamped the greeting onto Watercolor Paper then die cut using the smallest circle from the Stitched Shapes. I placed Linen Thread under the greeting.
The Eastern Palace Bundle is now available to order! Experience Eastern-inspired opulence—plus get a free gift and three of the new 2017-2019 In Colors included in one of your exclusive bundles! There are two bundles available to choose from. You can see both of the bundles available HERE. You can also download the PDF of what’s included in the bundles HERE.
This bundle has endless possibilities and you can get it now!
Scroll to the bottom of this post to see how you can get TWO free tutorials with 39 projects using this bundle.
Kimberly Van Diepen
Miriam van Eyden
Did you know you can get this tutorial for FREE? Yes, if you purchase either of the Eastern Palace Bundles available as seen HERE, you will receive this tutorial for free. -OR- You can purchase the tutorial for $15. Either way, don’t miss this!
Check out this sneak peek…
Lastly, this month I have an exciting tutorial I’m giving FREE to anyone that purchases the Eastern Palace Bundle this month. This tutorial has 27 projects using only the Eastern Palace Bundle and ONLY what the bundle comes with. Yes, that is two tutorials you will receive free when you purchase the Eastern Palace Bundle this month. YAY!