Yes, Beautiful Ride Had me from the Beginning!
A Beautiful Ride was one of the first sets that my eyes had hearts fluttering from them when I opened up my Occasions catalog last November. BIG hearts.
It’s a set that has so many great images and plus I do love a fun watercoloring event when time permits.
A Beautiful Ride
The bug car has been the favorite image of the bunch because it’s WIDE open to possibilities. SO many great ways to color it, however in true Kimberly fashion it seems like I’ve managed to color it the same Pool Party color most of the time. Okay, not always but the color Pool Party seems to be my favorite.
Tips & Tricks
- I used the Circles Collection Framelits (retiring) to create a large circle cutout so I could position the bug car to appear it was “passing through.”
- The bug car was stamped onto Watercolor paper and colored using an Aqua Painter. I did a little fussy cutting around the bug car. Remember, watercoloring shouldn’t be perfect. Coloring outside of the lines is awesome and leaving a few spots open is okay too. I say this because it took me a LONG time to remember this. It’s always a throw back to my kinder teacher telling me to color inside of the lines.
- A small strip of White Corrugated paper (retiring) is positioned beneath the Basic Black punched star strip. The stars were created using a framelit from the Mini Treat Bag framelits.
- Last little detail was the It’s My Party Enamel Dots. I’ve loved these and I’m completely out of the yellow ones.
- I used the Timeless Textures stamp set to create the “road” that the bug car is driving on.
- A small amount of splatter was created using my Aqua Painter and finger over the focal image.
You can see all products used in the clickable links below.
SHOP May 21st-June 5th and you will receive a FREE InColor Ribbon sampler and a sample of MY favorite NEW Designer Series Paper. Keeping that part a surprise… but you are going to LOVE! Minimum order $25.Free gifts will be shipped once I return from my big trip.Click HERE to shop! Use the hostess code below. This Hostess Code (see below) will be good until June 6th.
Please be advised- If you hit the no contact button I have no way of sending your free gift or the tutorial.
This makes me incredibly sad as I appreciate your business and have no way of thanking you.