Strawberries- Could This Be Sweeter?
Strawberries are one of my kids favorites to snack on in our house.
I love watching Alexis go through the fridge when I’ve unloaded groceries and she yells… STRAWBERRIES!
You would think I was depriving my child but they are in the fridge ALL the time.
My love affair for the Apple of My Eye stamp set became even greater when I recently had seen a card created by one of my friends Erica Cerwin. She created a strawberry from the pear image in the set and my instant reaction was, “She is a GENIUS!”
This is what I call thinking outside the box.
Well, I had to give it a whirl and I loved how it turned out.
Apple of My Eye
If you heard a loud giggle- it was me. I knew I had strawberry designer paper from my Sweet Lil’ Things Designer Series Paper Pack. It was a perfect match.
Create with Me!
To create the strawberry simply stamp the pear image (marked above) upside down. I stamped 3 leaves (image marked above) and then trim each of the images using paper snips. I used Watermelon Wonder for the strawberry and Cucumber Crush for the leaves.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips & tricks to consider when creating this card.
- Sponge around the edges of the leaves so you will see no white outline from trimming the leaves with scissors. I use a Sponge Dauber since this is a smaller image I’m working with.
- I stamped three leaves for my strawberry tops.
- To create the lines on the strawberries I used my White Chalk Marker. I love how this created a very soft look over the strawberries.
- I had a hard time fitting my greeting onto the card so I wouldn’t take away from my focal image – strawberries. My solution was to stamp the greeting onto Whisper White cardstock using Watermelon Wonder and then trim the words separate them. This way I could create a little banner.
- I attached the greeting using Mini Glue Dots and curled the edges slightly to look more like a banner. I love glue dots when I want to raise an image ever so slightly but not as much as a dimensional would.
You can view all of the products used in the clickable links below.
A Couple Thoughts
If someone was to ask me which stamp set I’ve most enjoyed in the Occasions Catalog, hands down it would be this stamp set, Apple of My Eye. It’s been a great set and insanely versatile. That’s what I love most about it. Remember, it’s on the retired list.
- New month- New Hostess Code!
- The retired list for this year has been RELEASED!! Click HERE to view!
- Remember, all accessories are while supplies LAST. Get your order in quickly if there is something you want.
- Place an order in my Online Store and receive an EXCLUSIVE Online Class and a FREE gift for choosing me as your demonstrator. The May gift is GORGEOUS!
- Click HERE to shop!
Please be advised- If you hit the no contact button I have no way of sending your free gift or the tutorial.
This makes me incredibly sad as I appreciate your business and have no way of thanking you.
Have an AWESOME Tuesday and thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read. I appreciate you SO SO much. XOXO