Goodbye Open Sea
Open Sea has been a well loved stamp set for a long time. It’s always been my go-to stamp set for a great man card.
Over the years we’ve brought in other great masculine stamp sets, but because my love for the ocean and sea, this set was always top of the list.
Creating Masculine Cards
If you are in need of a great stamp set for creating masculine cards, The Open Sea has great options.
The first thing I loved about this set was the script image. This gave me more options to use this image for other types of cards and it was a great image for adding texture.
- Adhere a piece of Whisper White cardstock 4 x 5-1/4 to the Whisper White Thick cardstock base 4-1/4 x 11 using dimensionals.
- Adhere a piece of Early Espresso cardstock 3-5/8 x 4-5/8 to the Whisper White cardstock.
- Adhere a piece of Vellum Cardstock 3-1/2 x 4-1/2 to a piece of Typeset DSP 3-1/2 x 4-1/2 using Snail Adhesive. Adhere this to the Early Espresso cardstock using dimensionals. Adhere onto Whisper White cardfront.
- Stamp script image using Early Espresso ink onto Sahara Sand cardstock 2-1/2 x 3-1/2. Adhere over Vellum using Snail adhesive.
- Stamp Globe using Whisper White Craft ink onto Sahara Sand cardstock scrap. Emboss using White Embossing Powder and heat with Heat Tool. Punch image out using 2″ Circle Punch.
- Die cut a piece of Vellum and Typeset Designer Series Paper using the Lots of Labels Die cuts. Note the Typeset Label Die Cut is smaller than the Vellum. Emboss the Happy Birthday image from the Rose Wonder stamp set using Early Espresso ink and Clear Embossing Powder. Adhere onto cardfront.
- Wrap twine (separate a piece of twine from Jute Ribbon) behind Globe image and secure with a glue dot. Adhere Globe image to cardfront using dimensionals.
- Adhere Neutral Candy Dots to the cardfront.
This card is filled with many of my favorite products that are on the retiring list. If you fall in love with it, make sure you get the items quickly. Here are a few:
- Neutral Candy Dots
- Jute Ribbon
- The Open Sea stamp set
- Typeset Designer Series Paper
The one product I will miss the VERY most from this card is the Typeset Designer Series Paper. This paper has been a staple in my stamp room like flour and sugar are in your kitchen. It was a must have. I’m not sure how if I can part with hit.
You can see all the products used in the clickable links below.
Masculine cards are not easy for me to create. My biggest hiccup is keeping anything foo foo off of it. I was quite surprised when I managed to pull it off with this stamp set. I love the neutral color combination too. What do you think?
I hope this inspires you to use this set if you own it. It’s definitely one that will be missed in my stamp room.
The retired list for this year has been RELEASED!! Click HERE to view!
Remember, all accessories are while supplies LAST. Get your order in quickly if there is something you want.
Place an order in my Online Store and receive a FREE gift from me as well as a FREE class tutorial in the month of April.
I’m not foolin’ ya! Click HERE to shop!
Please be advised- If you hit the no contact button I have no way of sending your free gift or the tutorial.
This makes me incredibly sad as I appreciate your business and have no way of thanking you.
I’m in the process of purging my stamp room. Oh my WORD. It’s a disaster. So much to get rid of. Hopefully this will be painless process. I totally need it.