Teachers, they Deserve Appreciation!
It’s that time of year when teachers deserve a little love and attention!!
I’m sure there are many of you that are passed this stage in life, but I bet there is a teacher you still know that could use a little love.
Now that my kids are teens I find it harder to thank all 14 teachers that they have. Well, let me be honest and say the hard part is getting my kids to take the treats that I create. At least for my son, he turns four shades of red when I tell him to give his teacher a gift. <boys!>
We’ve had the privilege this year to adopt a High School with our Small Group from church. Every holiday we’ve put my Stampin’ Up! tools to great use and made some of the cutest things.
Of course I ALWAYS forget to take pictures because I’m usually helping the kids work on the projects.
These tokens of appreciation are small but I know they can feel our love. That’s the beauty of a handmade treasure. It’s made with love. Next week we will be hosting an ice cream social for them. I know it will be fun.
Meanwhile…. I’m creating a few cards that my kids can take to their teachers.
Apple of My Eye
I’m pretty sure we instantly think of teachers when we look at the stamp set, Apple of My Eye. It does have the perfect teacher apple for pete’s sake.
I’ve mentioned before that this stamp set was a sleeper in the stacks of stamps on my shelf. Behold one day I pulled it out and the ideas were endless. This set became a favorite.
I just released my Stamps in the Mail using this stamp set and I was over the moon with the cards. If you are interested in just purchasing the PDF, you can click HERE to purchase it. 6 cards, 6 videos. I think you will love these cards.
*Side Note* No, the cards are not all teacher related…. just sayin’.
This card uses the Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper which keep in mind, is not all “Schoolhouse.” This designer paper is bright and fun and has MANY uses outside of just school projects. I know. I keep saying this…. but really. It’s true.
The Bad News
Yes. There is a little bad news. Much of what you see on this card is RETIRING.
I’ll give you a brief moment to sigh. Okay, really I am the one…. <SIGH>
The Apple of My Eye stamp set is retiring, the Alphabet Rotary Stamp is retiring. <GASP!> That little rotary stamp is one of the best gems. The Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper- Retiring!
There ya have it. It’s all going away… but lets not let it steal our joy and let’s create.
Want to create it? Let’s get started…
- Fold a piece of Whisper White Thick cardstock in half (4-1/4 x 11).
- Adhere a piece of Whisper White cardstock (4 x 5-1/4) to the card base using dimensionals.
- Adhere a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock (3-3/4 x 5) to the Whisper White cardstock using Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- Adhere a piece of Schoolhouse DSP (2 x 4) to a piece of Real Red cardstock (2-1/4 x 4). Adhere to the Smoky Slate cardstock using Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- Die cut a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock using the Tags & Labels Framelits. Stamp the apple image using Real Red ink onto the die cut. Stamp the thank you image using Basic Black Archival ink.
- Stamp the leaves and stem onto Whisper White cardstock scrap using Cucumber Crush ink and then fussy cut the images using Paper Snips. Adhere the leaves and stem to the apple image using Glue Dots.
- Using Alphabet Rotary Stamp, spell the word “teacher” or anything you want, ink the rotary using Whisper White ink and stamp onto Basic Black cardstock scrap. Pour White Embossing Powder over image, heat with Heat Tool. Trim around the word as close as you can using Paper Snips.
- Attach Tag onto card front using dimensionals.
- Using a piece of White Jute Ribbon (16″ long), separate the threads and use one thread to coil underneath the embossed word. Keep in place using a Glue Dot. Place embossed word over ribbon. Ta-Da! Complete.
You can see all of the products used in the clickable links below.
As I wrap up today’s post, I would challenge you to take a minute and thank a teacher.
We have been overly blessed with the teachers we’ve had for our kids. There was one that I had a love/hate relationship for, but overall our kids have been blessed with the kindest and most caring teachers. I really can’t thank them enough for what they do.
Even if making a handmade gift is out of the question, just a simple “Thank You!” goes a long long way. They need to hear it from us.
In Other News
My stamp room is a TRAIN WRECK! I turned it upside down yesterday pulling my retired products off my shelf. I was thinking about doing a Periscope or Live Facebook video thingie but I totally chicken out. Truly, half the day I’m in my pajama’s with my hair a complete disaster looking like a homeless person. Not kidding.
If you follow me on either platform…. Well. You might see me. Might. Then again, I could be a big fat chicken. Sigh.
Love you guys!
The retired list for this year has been RELEASED!! Click HERE to view!
Remember, all accessories are while supplies LAST. Get your order in quickly if there is something you want.
Place an order in my Online Store and receive a FREE gift from me as well as a FREE class tutorial in the month of April.
I’m not foolin’ ya! Click HERE to shop!
Please be advised- If you hit the no contact button I have no way of sending your free gift or the tutorial.
This makes me incredibly sad as I appreciate your business and have no way of thanking you.