The Artisan Team has a special line up of inspiration today.
The Artisan team is winding down from a fantastic year of sharing our projects with YOU.
I could go on and on how this team has been so AMAZING, but I’ll save that for another day when I can get really sappy with you. I know, I know… you can barely wait. Ha Ha Ha.
I’m back from a whirlwind trip to the Western Caribbean. Oh my! What an amazing trip with my best friends!
The highlight of my trip was many, but this picture below could sum it all up! I’ll be sharing more pics soon.
This was in Roatan, Honduras on a private beach. The day was beautiful, but the fun was these crazy monkeys. I have never been this close to a monkey- EVAH. This was a memorable moment and made me smile the ENTIRE day!
Today I’m sharing another set that was jumping out of my stamp cabinet to be used- Frosted Medallions.
Both of the cards I’m sharing were tough cookies to photograph with all of the white.
I have to admit that New Year cards are might be the least occasion I create cards for. Not sure why?
I do love the beautiful fonts in the Frosted Medallion stamp set and of course the gorgeous snowflakes.
Ha, I actually love stamps with snowflakes now that I’m in Florida. Its the only type of snowflake I see.
When I started creating this card I was instantly drawn to the colors Black, White and Silver.
I couldn’t help but grab the beautiful snowflake pattern paper from the This Christmas Designer Series Speciality Paper. It’s GORGEOUS and this is just ONE pattern I love. This paper pack also has the beloved music notes. It’s beautiful.
Tips & Tricks
- Card base is Whisper White Thick cardstock (4-1/4″ x 11″). A small strip of Silver Glimmer Paper (1″ x 5-1/2″) is attached on the far right side.
- Fancy Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper (4″ x 5-1/2″). Add a small strip of Basic Black cardstock (1/4″ x 5-1/2″) to the right side. Adhere to card base using Dimensionals.
- Add the This Christmas strip (1-3/4″ x 4-1/4″) across the Fancy Frost DSP.
- Stamp the Happy New Year greeting at the bottom of the Whisper White cardstock (2-1/2″ x 4-1/4″) using Basic Black ink.
- Stamp the snowflakes using Basic Black ink, then emboss using Clear Embossing Powder.
- Wrap Basic Black twine along with the Silver thread. Add two Jingle Bells by threading them using the Silver Thread. Tie securely into place then add another knot just below the bells. Trim ends. Add a small piece of the Silver Glitter Ribbon and staple into place.
- Attach a doily behind the Whisper White cardstock then attach to card front using dimensionals.
- Add sequins to finish the card.
Big Big Snowflakes!
This card definitely was NOT easy to photograph, hopefully you can see the gorgeous white embossed snowflakes from the Frosted Medallion stamp set.
It could be my aging eyes….
I love the white on white look and how elegant the snowflakes look embossed.
The colors remind me of a beautiful snowy day…. but with a touch of elegance. I love the Silver Glimmer Paper added with the Silver Glitter Ribbon. Just brings it all together.
See all the products used for both projects in the clickable links below.
The last little bit that I added was the Christmas Trinket embellishment to the Glitter Ribbon. This was a simple task using a sewing needle and the Silver Thread. Once attached I tied the thread in bow.
Tip: Double the thread will make it easier to tie the bow. It’s a very very thin thread.
Wrapping it Up!
The Frosted Medallion stamp set is perfect for winter cards or New Year’s. Truly a beautiful set with gorgeous snowflakes.
The Frosted Medallion has a beautiful suite of other products that coordinate. Make sure to check it out HERE.
Now most importantly go and view the beautiful projects from the other Artisans. Click the button below and see what the amazing Krista Frattin has created today.
Stampin’ by the Sea News!
It’s a NEW month and a BRAND NEW product release.
Seriously over the moon about this product- Stitched Dies!
These new Framelits are ONLY available in November. BUT… they will come back in the new Idea Book & Catalog coming out in June 2017. If you want to play with them now… grab them HERE.
WAIT…. There is MORE greatness!!
You can get 25% off select stamp sets today until November 30th. YAY.
Click HERE to see all the stamp sets available. Get yours today.
Read more about this great tutorial and the back issues HERE.
Get the October Tutorial FREE when you purchase $50 in my Online Store.
Click HERE to start shopping!