Delightful Dijon with Sunshine Sayings
If there is sunshine involved with a stamp set, it’s almost always guarantee’d to be on my stamping shelf.
Getting Started with Sunshine Sayings
Do you ever struggle getting started when you begin to stamp?
I thought I would share one of the ways I start a project that helps give my stamping a boost.
I started with the Sunshine Sayings stamp set, although I wasn’t sure of the products I wanted to start the card.
I decided to choose a color that I wanted to focus on, in this case Delightful Dijon, and then pulled products that were in the same color scheme or like it. In this case I pulled the following products:
- Delightful Dijon Cardstock & Ink
- 2015-2017 In Color Doilies (Delightful Dijon is one of the color choices)
- Very Vanilla 1/2″ Lace Trim
- 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon
- Delicate White Doilies
Although a few of the products were not the color of Delightful Dijon, they were neutrals which definitely blend with my color choice.
Putting it All Together
As I began to put this card together I decided to keep the card monochromatic (meaning the same color either light, or dark).
- I started by stamping the flower at the top of the Whisper White cardstock and continued stamping without re-inking. This created an Ombre look which I love.
- The die cut was created using Watercolor Paper and the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits. Once the flower was die cut, I loaded my Aqua Painter with Delightful Dijon ink and gently brushed the flower starting in the center of the flower and worked outward. You will notice not every piece of the flower has ink on it. It was more of a hit or miss type of coloring.
Layer the Embellishments
Tips & Tricks
- I started by adding the Delicate White Doily (only 1/4 piece), topped with 1/2 of the Delightful Dijon Doily. I placed a piece of Burlap Ribbon with the Very Vanilla Lace over the die cut flower. Lastly, the Linen Thread was wrapped in a circle twice then all the layers were stapled with the Handheld Stapler onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- My greeting was stamped using Basic Black ink onto Delightful Dijon cardstock. The words were trimmed closely then added onto the layered embellishments using Tombow Multipurpose Glue. This glue is PERFECT when you want to adhere something to ribbon. It dries quickly and it stays.
- One of the last embellishments I added was the Metallic Enamel Dots to the card front. The gold accents blended excellent with the Delightful Dijon color.
Use Your Stash!
Take a minute today to look around your stamp room for embellishments that you can layer. You will be surprised at how many products are sitting there waiting to be used for a simple layering technique like I’ve shared today.
I’d love to hear and see what you came up with. Don’t be shy and share.
Click the links below to shop for the products used for today’s card.
New to My Website?
- If you are new to my site you will learn I love to thank my customers when they purchase from my Online Store. You will receive a special gift and a free class tutorial when you make a purchase. You will also receive a hand stamped card from me in the mail. I do appreciate you! Click HERE to browse new Stampin’ Up! products.
Have an awesome Friday! Check back this weekend for a little family update… It’s been awhile.