Best Birds- Stampin’ Up!
The Best Birds stamp set has been calling my name to see the ink and I finally had the chance to do it!
I thought for sure I would spend a little more time over the holiday weekend with stamps in my hand but instead I ended up pool side and surrounded with family. If there is anything better than stamping, it’s spending time with my family. It was a win-win for sure.
Bundle & Save
If you haven’t noticed yet, I’ve been sharing a lot of the sweet Bundles that are in the new Idea Book & Catalog. I love a great savings, but even better are the sets I’m able to save on. I love them all.
I love birds and most of all, I love stamping them. The Best Birds stamp set jumped out at me as soon as I had seen it. This set was even better when I noticed the matching framelits that coordinated with this set. NO CUTTING. You could probably hear me singing and dancing when I noticed this.
The greeting was perfect for this card as it was a good day once I started putting this card together.
My first thought for pairing embellishments with this card was the music note paper from the This Christmas Specialty Designer Paper. Instantly this made me think of a song bird. In fact, one thing Russ and I love to do is listen to the sweet birds in our backyard sing. It’s so peaceful. How about you?
Here are a few tips to create this card:
- Stamp the mesh stamp image using Sahara Sand onto Whisper White cardstock 4″ x 5-1/4″.
- Attach a Delicate White Doily (1/4 of a doily) to the backside of the music note pattern paper (1/2″ x 3-1/2″) using Snail adhesive.
- Adhere a piece of Pool Party cardstock (1/4″ x 3″) above the music note paper. Staple a piece of coiled Linen Thread to the Pool party cardstock to keep the thread in place.
- Stamp the branch, bird and flower onto Watercolor paper using Archival Basic Black ink. Let images dry or heat set with Heat Tool.
- Color branch with Early Espresso ink for the branch and Cucumber Crush ink for the leaves. Color the flower using Daffodil Delight ink. Color the entire bird with Pool Party ink, and then go over the image around the edges using Island Indigo ink. Color the birds beak using Tangerine Tango ink. Die cut the images using the Birds & Blooms Thinlits Dies on page 194 of the Idea Book & Catalog. I used an Aqua Painter to color the images.
- Adhere the branch, and bird using dimensionals. Adhere the flower to the branch using Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp the greeting onto the card front using Archival Basic Black ink.
- Adhere Pool Party Enamel Dots to the card as shown in picture.
- Go over the body of the bird using the Clear Wink of Stella Brush. (ohhhh … how I love!)
- Attach the Whisper White card front to Pool Party cardstock 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ using dimensionals.
- Attach the Pool Party cardstock to the Whisper White Thick cardstock base (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″) using dimensionals.
Order Your Best Birds Set Today!
Save 10% when you order the Best Birds Bundle. Here are a few things I recommend having on hand when you order this set. You can click on the product links below to order your set and start creating.
- Aqua Painters
- Watercolor Paper
- Delicate White Doilies – my personal favorite!!
New to My Website?
If you are new to my site you will learn I love to thank my customers when they purchase from my Online Store. You will receive a special gift and a free class tutorial when you make a purchase. You will also receive a hand stamped card from me in the mail. I do appreciate you! Click HERE to browse new Stampin’ Up! products.