Happy Monday, Happy February!
It’s time for another Create it Monday using Botanical Gardens Suite.
I’m a bit excited about what I created as the Botanical Gardens Suite has been a struggle for me.
Let’s jump in. Shall we?
I have 2 versions of this card to share.
I started with two basic colors- Soft Sky and Island Indigo with Old Olive for the leaves.
I will admit that I was over zealous when creating these cards. So over zealous after die cutting that I didn’t stamp a single flower.
That’s what happens when you are in the “moment”.
You can download the instructions for this project at the end of this post.
Quick Tips & Tricks with Botanical Gardens Suite
- Notice on the card above how the Gold Metallic Thread is “thicker?” I doubled my thread twice before I started wrapping it in circles. I love how this made the thread stand out more.
- The Botanical Blooms Designer Vellum (FREE Sale-a-Bration product) was layered on top of Whisper White cardstock. I simply ran my Snail Adhesive onto the Whisper White cardstock where I knew my Flower and stems would be attached. This way no adhesive would show through the vellum.
- To keep the fine stems in place I used a Mini Glue Dots. I clustered the stems together tightly, layering each of them slightly. Layering them too much would cause the card to become more bulky.
- Botanical Blooms does not have a greeting in the set, so I pulled an oldie but a goodie out: Endless Birthday Wishes.
Remember Simple & Budget Friendly Embellishments
Embellishing cards can be simple and easy on the budget when choosing the right products.
Here are 5 of my GO-TO favorites that I love to use.
- Ribbon, Lace Trim and Metallic Thread
- Tea Lace Doilies
I used a couple of my favorite embellishments on this card to give it just a little extra pizzaz. Sequins and Rhinestones. Both simple and budget friendly and easy on the eyes.
As with any struggle we deal with in life, sometimes you have to face it and move forward. That’s exactly what I did with the Botanical Gardens Suite. Faced it and went after it.
Is there a set you are struggling to use? I’d love to hear which one, but even more so I would love to see you tackle it. Start your week by facing a fear!
Make sure to download the project sheet so you can recreate this card. It’s quick and easy card and one that you can duplicate many of in no time.
Click HERE to download this Project Sheet!
Below are the list of supplies. Click the link and it will direct you to my Online Store.
New Gift with purchase & New Tutorial!
Simply use the Hostess Code below when placing your order of $25 or more.
Spend $50 and receive a FREE Sale-a-Bration product.