It’s Not Always About Being Foxy!
The new Stampin’ Up! stamp set Foxy Friends is a HUGE hit in the new Idea Book & Catalog and if you haven’t heard the buzz, just take a peek on Pinterest and you are bound to see it.
When I first had a glimpse of Foxy Friends I knew it was a must have. Little critters are SO popular in the stamping community and Stampin’ Up! did a great job with the cuteness factor with this set.
My Favorite Thing -Foxy Friends!
- Tons of critters! It’s not just about a fox. Cat, Raccoon, Deer… these are just a few.
- Fantastic coordinating products- Designer Paper and punch!
- No greetings- GASP! You might think I’m nuts but I love that I can choose what greeting to mix and match with this set.
These are just a few of my favorite things. I’m excited to have this set in my collection and I know it’s going to be one that I’ll grab frequently with so many options to create.
How About a Raccoon?
When I started creating this card I started with the Designer Paper. I love colors of this particular sheet and I wanted to build my card around it. Normally I start with the image, but this Designer Series Paper stack is filled with fun colors and patterns.
Once I found the paper, I decided the raccoon would be a perfect match.
Creating him Mr. Raccoon was simple and I love is little face. What do you think?
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips & tricks when creating the Mr. Raccoon.
- The body was stamped in Smoky Slate ink. The mask around his eyes was stamped using Basic Gray. Eyes and nose (one image) was stamped using Basic Black along with his tale.
- I used the Layering Circles Collection framelits to create the circle and scallop around the circle. These Circles Collection framelits are quickly becoming one of my favorites. The big circle measures 2-7/8.
- The Hello image is from the Sunshine Sayings stamp set. This has a fantastic collection of greetings in this set. Once again my eyes are drawn to the wonderful fonts used.
- The ribbon is brand new- Pool Party 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon. I zig zagged the ribbon and then placed my Hello tag over the ribbon and the entire layer of circles, ribbon, and tag were stapled together.
- I used a small portion of the Delicate White Doily underneath the scallop circle.
- The trees were stamped using Pear Pizzaz ink, and die cut using the Perfect Pines Framelits.
Save with the Bundle!
When you bundle this adorable stamp set and punch together you can save 10%. The punch is versatile and I am SURE we will see many more punch art pieces being created with this punch.
Click HERE to save on this bundle today.
You can see all of the products I used for this card in the clickable links below.
Products Used Today
Great Time to Join Stampin’ Up!?
- If you love all of the products you see in our new Idea Book & Catalog, you can save money and get the Starter Kit and join Stampin’ Up! today. For only $99 you can customize your Starter Kit with the products YOU want and until June 30th, you can add TWO more stamp sets of your choice to your starter kit. That’s another $104 value to the starter kit. SERIOUSLY??? This is an amazing deal with no strings attached. You can continue to be a happy shopper, and enjoy all of the perks Stampin’ Up! demonstrators enjoy like a discount on your favorite crafty items. It’s a WIN WIN.
- If this is something that you are thinking about, give me a call and let’s chat on the phone about it. Click HERE to contact me. I have an amazing team of demonstrators and would love to help you get started.
Have an AWESOME Monday and thank you for taking time to visit. Tell me what you think of today’s card. Will you be trying this technique? I’d love to hear from you.