Vintage Fonts Always Rock My World
I can look through the entire Stampin’ Up! catalogs and *think* I’ve seen it all. Then all of a sudden I see something that pops off the catalog page. Then I see a vintage font and it completely rocks my world.
This is exactly what happened when I stumbled upon the Super Duper stamp set in the Occasions catalog. Fonts sweet fonts, how I love thee.
A simple “YAY” had me singing… YAY!
What Do You Look For?
I’m curious what creates that love affair when you see a stamp set you can’t live without? Could it be images? Design? Fonts? Greetings?
As I was creating this card using the Super Duper stamp set, I knew right away how I wanted to use the YAY greeting. In fact, several ideas started popping in my head. I know it’s going to be a great stamp set when the ideas keep coming.
Instantly I was drawn to this color combination. It’s one of my favorites to use.
I love how the Cucumber Crush and Bermuda Bay brightens the entire card. Typically I don’t reach for the bright ink colors, but this color combination is a winner every single time.
The one thing to keep in mind when creating this card is the little bit of fussy cutting for the focal area. The good news, the fussy cutting is super duper easy. <giggle…. I made a funny!>
- The card base uses Whisper White Thick cardstock – 4-1/4″ x 11.
- Dapper Denim cardstock (4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″) was stamped using the YAY greeting with Dapper Denim ink.
- Stamp the star image using Pool Party ink onto Pool Party cardstock 3/4″ x 4-1/4″.
- Stamp the greeting “super duper” onto Whisper White cardstock twice, once using Cucumber Crush ink, and once more using Cucumber Crush ink. Fussy cut both images, pop up the super duper greeting using a dimensional.
- Attach a Delicate White Doily to the back of the greeting. Attach to the Pool Party cardstock using Fast Fuse.
- Add Metallic Silver Enamel Dots to the card.
- Add a little color splash using an Aqua Painter and Dapper Denim ink.
What’s On Your Wish List
With just days left before the New Year and when the Occasions Catalog products become available, what is on your wish list?
Do you have the Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs to look at? If not, make sure to fill out this form below and let me get one in your hands so you can see all of the great products available on January 4th. Sale-a-Bration is all about earning FREE stamp sets.
If you love vintage fonts, make sure to add the Super Duper stamp set to your wish list. It’s going to be an eye catcher for SURE.
If you are reading this post in email form, make sure to fill out the form from my actual website.
All products used can be found in the clickable links below.
Note: The Super Duper stamp set will be available on January 4th, 2017.
You can find great stamp sets, ink, cardstock and amazing embellishments in my online store.
Click HERE and see the possibilities for creating fabulous projects this year.
I’d love to be your creative coach and share with you as you begin this hobby or if you are ready to step it up a notch.
Stamp with Me! See Online Classes Available!
Purchase $50 from my Online Store and receive my December Tutorial FREE.
All online orders will receive a hand stamped card with a little surprise inside.
End of Year Close Out Sale
Click the photo below and see all the GOODIES on sale.
These great deals will only last until January 3rd, 2017.