Are you a lover of Washi Tape? Designing can be so easy with this great product and today I have a few tips for you.
I used the Show & Tell 1 Photopolymer stamp set for this card and you will notice that the design is pretty simple. Using the new Pistachio Pudding ink, I stamped the hexagon in a fun pattern.
Next, take a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock and place a few strips of the Epic Day This & That Washi tape across an area of the cardstock making sure the length is 2 1/2" long or a little longer. Using your 2 1/2" Circl punch, punch your circle and the washi tape. You will notice a nice clean punch through all of the layers.
You can see I also added a little arrow image above the Washi Tape using Basic Gray ink.
I layered this over the stamped hexagons using dimensionals and then added my greeting over the circle punch using the Express Yourself Hostess stamp set.
See the supply list below.
Overall Washi Tape is a fantastic product that you can use on any project type.
Here are a few tips I've found when using it.
Tips Using Washi Tape!
1. Washi Tape can be repositioned. One of my favorite reasons for using Washi Tape is the ability to reposition after I've placed it on my project. It never fails that I put the tape down only to find it's crooked. Simply peel the tape up and reapply. It works like a charm.
2. If you are looking for a straight edge on your project using Washi Tape, use an exacto knife. Lay the tape down on a self healing mat and take a ruler and the exacto knife and cut across. Simply peel the tape back up and place on your project.
3. For the messy edge, simple tear. It feels great when you can just rip that tape.
4. Make cute little pennants using washi tape. Simply wrap the tape around a toothpick or wooden dowel and make sure to double the tape. Take a hexagon or square punch to make a "V" on the end for that great Pennant look. When doubling the washi tape it will be easier to use your punch.
5. There are many ways to store your Washi Tape. One of my favorites for easy access to my Washi Tape is using the Tag a Bag Gift Boxes from Stampin' Up! I simply store them in the box and I can easily see my collection through the clear sleeve on the box. See the picture below.
Stamp set: Show & Tell 1 #133450 Cardstock: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana Ink: Basic Gray, Pistachio Pudding #131177
Accessories: Epic Day This and That Washi Tape #131269, 2 1/2" Circle punch #120906, Hexagon Punch for banner ends #130919, Corner Rounder
Order your Washi Tape and earn Rewards!
Connect with ME!
Facebook– I share, uplift, inspire, and create… It's ALL fun!
Instagram– Let's connect! My FAV Social Network!!
Pinterest– inspiration pinner-load! I'm a late night pinner…
Twitter– You never know what I'm going to say!