Love Everywhere-Spread Kindness
Every year around this time frame as I share Valentines love I can’t help but think of our ability to share love and kindness all through the year.
It reminds me of why I’m a paper crafter. Love is everywhere and as paper crafters, we can spread kindness ALL year long.
Isn’t that exciting?
Today I have a fantastic project that is perfect to spread love and kindness. Even better, a blog hop with my Creation Station friends to share more love. Love is everywhere.
Perfect Chocolate Box
I was browsing Pinterest trying to get some inspiration for a “love” project. I love to create treat boxes for valentines so that was on my list to hunt. The box was originally created by a UK demonstrator named Ann Melvin.
Then I created a fun card to go with the boxes. Chocolate and a card… YES!
This box is super easy to create. Below you will find a simple template that’s easy to follow and grab the following supplies!
- Early Espresso cardstock 10″ x 7-1/2″.
- Designer Series Paper 1″ x 9-1/2
- Embellishments of your choice.
- You will see a complete list of what I used for this project in my tips & tricks and at the bottom of the post in clickable links.
This box opens up so you can place a few chocolates inside or even a few love notes.
Tips & Tricks
Here is a simple template you can follow to create the box.
- The scribbled black lines are areas you will CUT out.
- Make sure you score each fold very well. This makes a box nice and crisp.
- I added an extra score line on the lid so that the lid would tuck into the box. You can see this in red on the template.
- Stamp hearts on the box front using the Sealed with Love stamp set and Early Espresso ink.
- The belly band was created using the Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper.
- Die cut the heart using the Sweet & Sassy Framelits using Watermelon Wonder cardstock. Then Texture emboss the heart die cut using the Falling Petals Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- The Lace Doilies in the Occasions catalog on page 51 are delicate and perfect for any project. I simply added underneath the belly band.
- Lastly, die cut the word Love using the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits and add to the heart using a few Mini Glue Dots.
Spread Kindness in the Mail
I couldn’t help but create a card using the same theme as the box. Let us not forget that sending love in the mail is the BEST. We need to send more of it.
One last thing before I go, I was so inspired by the holiday season because of random acts of kindness. Not once, but TWICE I was in the Starbucks drive thru and my drink order was paid for by the person in front of me. Honestly, it blew me away. It’s only happened once before in my life. This inspired me to keep the random act of kindness continuing. It feels SO good.
While the holidays may be over, let’s continue to spread the love and continue to spread kindness. Think big and the entire YEAR, not just Valentines.
Now be inspired by the other great designers from the Creation Station Team.
Simply click the buttons below and hop along and see more LOVE spread.
New Exclusive Tutorial Available!
Exciting news. The January Exclusive tutorial is available and it’s AWESOME.
12 beautiful projects to inspire your creativity. Each project has step by step instructions.
You can receive this tutorial 2 ways:
- Purchase $50 in my Online Store and this tutorial will be sent to you for FREE- 59 pages of AMAZING creativity.
- Purchase the tutorial HERE for $15. You will automatically receive the tutorial download after purchasing.
If you are a tutorial subscriber, this tutorial was emailed yesterday to you. Please email me directly if you did not receive it.