Flowers and Celebrations
I stamped flowers and I’m celebrating.
Honestly, I’m really celebrating that we survived the horrible weather yesterday.
Small town Pensacola has seen some particularly bad weather over the last 2 weeks.
Two weeks in a row tornadoes have come through our town. Truly unheard of.
From the last weather report I heard 4 tornadoes touched down in our area. We are fine and no damage that I can see around me.
Interestingly enough the tornado formed off the beach near us. Then once on land it basically broke apart only to reform further inland.
Scary night and I’m glad it’s passed.
I pulled out my Flowering Fields stamp set and the Fabulous Four set for the greeting. I love how this card turned out.
I love this one particular flower in the Flowering Fields stamp set and had this idea to stamp across the Whisper White and then have a stamped Vellum overlay.
My choices for greetings were pretty wide open since there are no greetings in the Flowering Fields stamp set. I wanted something big enough to stretch over the flowers and Fabulous Four worked out perfect.
To create this card-
- I stamped the flower across the Whisper White cardstock (2-3/4 x 4-3/4) Using Delightful Dijon Ink.
- I stamped the greeting across Vellum Cardstock (1-3/4 x 4-3/4) using VersaMark ink and embossed using Black Embossing Powder.
- I added 1/2 of a Gold Foil Doily under a small strip of Typeset DSP (4-1/2″ long) that I folded in half and tucked the Gold doily inside the fold.
- To keep the layers in place I stapled them together.
- Adhere a piece of Wildflower Fields DSP (3/4 x 5-1/2) across a piece of Whisper White cardstock (5-1/2 x 8-1/2).
- Attach a piece of Burlap Ribbon 3-3/4″ across the Wildflower Fields DSP using Multipurpose Tombow Glue (works the best with this burlap).
- Attach stamped flowers over the ribbon and DSP using dimensionals.
- Attach sequins using Fine-Tip Glue Pen
Tips & Tricks
- I cut the burlap ribbon in half so it wasn’t as wide. I also like the look of a rough edge. Feels vintage.
- The sequins I used come from a Project Life Accessory Pack. I’ve said before that I love these sequins because they are larger than our normal ones and the colors are awesome.
- Folding the Typeset DSP created a fun way to tuck the Gold Foil Doily snug between the layers.
- Flowering Fields is a FREE stamp set that you can choose from the Sale-a-Bration catalog when you spend $50 in merchandise.
I love vellum and I love how it helps soften any project. I love how you can see the flowers through the vellum on this card.
You can see all of the products I used to create this card below in the clickable links below.
New Gift with purchase & New Tutorial!
Simply use the Hostess Code below when placing your order of $25 or more.
Spend $50 and receive a FREE Sale-a-Bration product.
Make it a GREAT Wednesday and create something fun!