Always My Love Bug
I’m working on a few Valentines for my kids and making one for my son is never easy. I always want to create the frilly, fluffy card with lots of hearts and love all over it. Then I thought about what I love to call him… my love bug. Instantly I knew exactly which stamp set I was going to choose, Beetles & Bugs!
Creating For My Son
I’ve called Brandon my love bug since he was little. Even at fifteen, he’s still my love bug. Even during the most trying times as a teenager, he’s still my love bug.
Ironically, when I first caught my eyes on this stamp set, it reminded me so much of who he is and what he loves. Bugs, bugs, bugs.
Since he was a toddler, he has always loved bugs. I remember sitting on the soccer field watching all the little boys run after the soccer ball, and there my boy sat… on the grass finding bugs. He was always proud of his latest catch. At the time I can remember Russ and I thinking, “ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Chase the ball!” Now those are precious memories, and he still loves bugs.
He still sends me pictures of ginormous spiders or creepy crawly things he finds while camping with the scouts. Each picture makes me itch and gives me a tiny freak out because I do not like bugs. I instantly think, “Is this poisonous? Are you touching that? Please stop!”
Beetles & Bugs- Perfect Valentines
The Beetles & Bugs stamp set is perfect for any BIG or little boy’s birthday party favors, but what about a Valentine?
With a few added greetings and embellishments, this became a perfect Valentines card for my teenage love bug.
Tips & Tricks
- The Beetles & Bugs stamp set has 32 Photopolymer stamp images. This is a two-step stamp set which makes it so fun to create any color bugs you desire.
- Today’s card uses inks from Stampin’ Up!’s Brights collection.
- Sunshine Wishes Thinlits created the perfect “LOVE” die cut for this card. Once die cut, I watercolored over the image using Bermuda Bay ink.
- Looking for a fun way to add personalized names or word images to cards? The Labeler Alphabet is the ticket. This alphabet comes with two different fonts you can use to create the perfect word or greeting for any card.
- Lastly, I added the Enamel Shapes around the bugs. I love how these looked dispersed amongst the bugs.
Of course, my son knows my love of crafting and also is quite aware of my love for frilly. I’m sure he will be okay with my doily I had to add.
Valentines or Not?
Whether you are creating the perfect Valentines or a simple “buggy” card, the Beetles & Bugs stamp set will provide endless opportunities to create fun cards.
I’m sure Brandon will enjoy it, and this will go with the many other cards his mama has made over the years.
See all the products used for today’s card in the clickable links below.
Time is Running Out!
Are you a subscriber?
Becoming a subscriber to receive the monthly Tutorial Bundle is only available until the end of February.
Read all the news about becoming a subscriber HERE.
Order $50 in products from my Online Store and receive a FREE tutorial packed with exclusive projects.
Plus receive a hand stamped card from me with a gift.
Looking to learn new stamping ideas and techniques?
Click HERE to see my online class tutorials and stamp in the comfort of your home!
Looking for fun birthday card ideas? Click HERE to be inspired.