Day at the Beach-Stampin’ Up!
After so much traveling happening, I can’t express enough my excitement that I can STAMP! Cathy and I traveled home yesterday from Savannah after our OnStage event. It was a great event, great city and overall we had a BLAST! Cathy is spending another week here with me, and one of the things we will be doing is going to the beach. It’s a perfect chance for me to share with you a very fun stamp set in the Occasions Catalog called Day at the Beach!
Great Line Art
- scrapbooking, pocket pages
- use to create background patterns
When I created this card, I used the sun to create a pattern on the Whisper White cardstock for my background. I used a Blender Pen to color the inner circle of the sun. It was quick and easy coloring with Crushed Curry ink.
Mixing Images & Products Together
One of my favorite things to do is pull products and images together. One of my favorite products to add to this card was the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies. I die cut the sunshine thinlit using Watercolor Paper, then used the Crushed Curry to watercolor over it. Again, a simple wash of color that takes just a second to do.
Tips & Tricks
A few tips & tricks for this card.
- After the Sunshine image was watercolored with a simple wash of Crushed Curry ink, I wanted a few darker shades of the color to stand out. Simply load your Aqua Painter with ink, then hold the Aqua Painter over the image and let gravity do its thing. The drops of ink will give your image a unique look every single time.
- I cut the clouds (Up & Away Framelits) from Watercolor Paper. I colored these images using Smoky Slate ink.
- One of my favorite detail on this card is the Tangerine Tango scallop edge. This scallop was created using the Cutie Pie Thinlits Dies. NOTE: This thinlit is retiring. They are only available while supplies last.
- Lastly, I loaded my Aqua Painter using Tangerine Tango ink, using my Bone Folder I tap the Aqua Painter over the image to create a little splatter.
- I love that I can create my own greeting using the Labeler Alphabet.
Create Your Own Sunshine
I enjoyed creating this card and I have one more to share with you tomorrow. The Day at the Beach stamp set is on the retired list. You will want to grab this set quick if it’s on your list. All retiring items are while supplies last.
You can find all of the products in the clickable links below.
New Tutorial Available!
Every month I release a new Exclusive tutorial. April’s tutorial is filled with out of the box ideas you will love.