Be Happy and Celebrate
Are you filled with happiness? Is there something you want to celebrate? Today I’m all about being happy and celebrating the little things. I’m happy to share with the artisans today, and I’m especially glad that I was able to get time to stamp.
While my time as a mama has kept me from my stamp room the past few weeks I celebrate the tiny gaps of time, I can stamp. It makes my heart happy!
Today, be inspired by the artisan team. Let us celebrate the little things.
Today I’m sharing a few cards using the Happy Celebrations stamp set. I love the word art in this stamp set. Plus, I am in love with the coordinating Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, Celebrations Duo. If you heard a loud squeal, it was me! I embossed my first piece and let out a big SQUEAL! Oh my word, they are FANTASTIC!
The deep impression that the Celebrations Duo creates is great. Even better is when you add a little watercolor to the embossed area. HOLY MOLY!
Here’s the thing, when I applied the watercolored ink over the embossed area I put it on very wet. I love how the ink pooled and created a shadow around the letters on its own.
Tips & Tricks
- I cut the 5/8″ Mini Striped Ribbon in half to create a thinner piece. You will notice that the ribbon started to unravel, but this created such a fun look.
- The Celebrations Duo Embossing Folder looks fantastic on Watercolor paper as I used on this card.
- I created an Ombre on the watercolor paper using Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, and Watermelon Wonder inks.
So Very Happy
I realize I’ve been pretty absent from my usual blogging. I have so much to tell you and promise to let you in on the happiness soon.
My next card made me giggle with joy. It describes how I’m feeling lately. Although I’ve been pretty overwhelmed with “things” happening, the happy meter has been high. Being happy is a great thing, and I think I will frame this card as a reminder of the days my happy meter is low.
Tips & Tricks
- I stamped the word happy onto Watercolor paper using Archival Basic Black ink. Then I watercolored over the entire image using Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, and Watermelon Wonder inks. Then I fussy cut the letters.
- I used the “Happy” from the Celebrations Duo Embossing Folders on Whisper White cardstock. I then stacked the words over, so there was a whole lot of happy coming from this card.
- The polka dots were stamped using Calypso Coral and stamped off once before stamping on the Whisper White cardstock.
- I used the leftover ribbon from the last card to add to this card.
- Look closely, and you can see I watercolored my Delicate White Doily to Calypso Coral. Boy, can this make you happy quick? Isn’t it wonderful we can make these doilies ANY color we want??? YES!
Celebrate Your Happiness
I don’t know about you, but many times I have to remind myself of all the goodness that surrounds me. I can quickly get caught up in a lot of negative Nellie stuff. It’s not healthy. Let’s remind us to put on our happy pants and spread that happiness to others.
Now be inspired and HAPPY by seeing what the other artisans are sharing today. If anything, find a little time to create, and I’m quite sure you will find happiness.
Click the button below to see what the amazing Lousie Sharp has created today. Be prepared to be amazed by her soft, delicate touch she puts on every single project.
Kimberly Van Diepen
Miriam van Eyden