Flourishing Phrases- Artisan Blog Hop
This week the Artisans are sharing projects using a few different sets and one of them is Flourishing Phrases.
Flourishing Phrases was my top pick with the timeless greetings to choose from.
Backgrounds Using a Greeting
The Flourishing Phrases has a beautiful selection of greetings inside of this set. Have you ever considered using one of the greetings as part of your background?
For this card I simply stamped the Thank You greetings along the entire left side of the Whisper White cardstock using Sahara Sand ink. I love how this gave the card more interest.
The flower was a simple addition using the Flourish Thinlits. The florals within this collection are so intricate and delicate looking.
I used the Fine Tip Glue Pen to attach the flowers and leaves to this card. The fine tip on this glue makes attaching intricate die cuts a cinch.
I love the delicate touch this card has and the color combination jumped out at me. Bermuda Bay paired with the Cucumber Crush has to be one of my favorites. It’s a clean look and even more bold when you add Basic Black.
Creating a Shadow Image
My favorite image in the Flourishing Phrases stamp set is the large flower.
Instantly I thought of an old technique that would be fun to use with this large image.
- Stamp the large flower onto Crumb Cake cardstock using Whisper White Craft ink. Let dry or use a heat tool to facilitate the drying.
- Stamp the large flower again over the Whisper White flower using Watermelon Wonder ink and slightly offsetting the image. By offsetting the image, the Whisper White gives the illusion of a shadow.
- This technique can be used with any stamp set, but tends to look the best using a large solid stamp.
- According fold the 3/4″ music note strip of designer series paper from the This Christmas collection. Attach to the 1″ x 4″ strip of Watermelon Wonder cardstock. Attach 2 small pieces of a Delicate White Doily and attach to the Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Stamp the greeting onto a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock. Die cut using the Layering Circles Framelits. Wrap and attach a piece of Linen Thread to the underside of the die cut circle, attach to the card front.
- Layer the Crumb Cake cardstock onto a piece of Watermelon Wonder cardstock and then onto a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock measuring 4-1/4″ x 11″.
- Attach a few sequins around the stamped flowers using a Fine Tip Glue Pen.
Wrapping it Up!
Timeless sets like Flourishing Phrases means you can use this set during anytime of the year and have a perfect greeting for any card. That is exactly what I want to leave you with today. Timeless sets like this one means you have so many great options to create a beautiful card with ease.
Artisan Blog Hop
For over 9 months the Artisans have been inspiring others with amazing projects using Stampin’ Up! products. I believe it’s one of the most inspirational blog hops as you can see unique ways products can be used, many times using the same products. Today’s hop I’m certain will inspire you. Your first stop is Krista Frattin. See what she has up her creative sleeve and make sure to leave comments along the way. Your comments are much loved and cherished. I promise.
Looking for more inspiring ideas at your fingertips? Click HERE!
PS- I survived my trip to the dentist. It wasn’t bad at all. In fact I had worked myself up into such a tizzy that I felt ill after the procedure over my anxiety and not the actual procedure. I’m a HOT mess. No lie.