A Look Into My World
I realize this post is LONG overdue but once I give you a peek into my world you will fully understand. It’s been about priorities lately.
While I keep my priorities intact, it’s not always fun and many of the great things I love to do get pushed to the side. I am a FIRM believer in knowing what my priorities look like and it’s always been God first, family second and career third. My team of great ladies hear this often from me. Always keep your priorities intact.
Over the last month I’ve traveled more than I have in a year. I figured the time was right and I always look forward to traveling. Ummm… I was a bit mistaken.
Traveling looks much different today than last year. While the Prince is coming along beautifully there are still many things that he cannot do yet. He tries, oh believe me… he tries. Prepping before I travel is nothing compared to the things that need to be done after I come home. I have come to the conclusion that a 5 day trip = 10 days of catch up when I get home. This also equals exhaustion.
Let me tell you this- there is NO such thing as super woman. PERIOD.
My travel dates have been super exciting. Founders was the first trip and oh my it was the BEST time. I don’t know what it was about this particular year but I had a fantastic time. Maybe it was the amount of gratitude I had being there. Grateful to my customers. Grateful to my team. Truly grateful for being able to have this amazing opportunity with Stampin’ Up! It’s not a hobby for me. It’s my job and I love it.
We were spoiled at Founders. We always get spoiled. The best part was seeing friends I don’t see often and enjoying their company. Special moments indeed.
Coming home to see the little family is always exciting too. Of course don’t tell anyone but I was so excited to see my dog, Brin. I am in love with this crazy dog. The Prince and the kids did a good job keeping up with the house but once I got home I had A LOT of catching up to do AND planning for the next trip that was the first week of October to Colorado Springs. Getting on the plane heading to Denver was a true blessing as I immediately fell asleep.
Once in Colorado I stayed with my best friend Cathy. We ran our tails off the first 3 days getting ready for the big Breast Cancer event- Stampin for a Cure. This event is such a huge blessing and the 7th year (I think) we’ve done it. Raising money for the local Colorado Springs women stricken with Breast Cancer. The last I heard we raised $4500. That’s incredible.
One of the special moments that day was meeting a new friend- Jeannette. She has come to our event for many years but this time she came so we could support HER! She has breast cancer. My heart sank. This was a moment I didn’t want to come. I knew at some point that one of the beautiful ladies attending would come back with Breast Cancer. The statistics are staggering with 1 and 8 women that will have it.
We showered her and her sweet daughter with love. I’ve been praying for her and her family. She is one STRONG beautiful lady. I hope you can lift her in your prayers as well.
After the event we celebrated as a team at dinner. It’s amazing to see the friendships within this group. Really amazing woman. Cathy and I went home that night and started crafting and could feel our eyelids needing toothpicks to stay open. We crashed!! It was all good. The next day we crafted a total of 13 hours straight. Now that is F U N!!
Since that trip I’ve felt like I’ve been running a race and I’m in last place. WE are BUSY. Here are just a few of the things going on….
- Alexis made the gymnastics team. Great news but more hours to be spent at the gym.
- Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts typically have lots going on in October. Camping trips, Award Ceremonies…. many things that need prep work.
- Not one, but TWO bible studies. Yes… over committed but I do love each of them. One just ended today and it’s a little sad.
- Struggling teenager on relationship building and a Prince who struggles more!
- The Navy! There is not much more to say except we are waiting on what happens next. Russ has been working out big time at home to take the physical readiness test coming up. His goal is to pass this and prove to Mr. Doctor that he is WRONG. This can be an emotional roller coaster. Think about this… have you ever had something you’re working really hard on but then hear a little voice inside telling you that you CAN’T do this? Welcome to my Prince’s brain. One minute working out hard the next wondering if this is the right thing to do. I believe the outcome will surprise him. Hard work pays off. Russ is a testimony to this.
- Good news! Russ doesn’t have to drive to Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy anymore. He graduated.
- Bad news! Russ has to motivate himself at home to do his Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy. This is NOT an easy task.
- The dog… Oh my word! I know she isn’t the 4 pound Chihuahua we had but WOW. 50 pounds of love and she want’s it ALL the time. No sooner do I get started on something she wants my attention. She is a sweetheart.
- Youth Group, Science Olympia, Small Group are a big part of our week. ALWAYS on the go.
I’m exhausted just writing all of that. This is just the NORMAL stuff. Not the crazy that happens to creep in.
I’m slowly working on a long list of To Do’s on my desk. I’ve made a huge dent in them this past week and hoping to really knock them out after I get back from this next trip… YES. Traveling one more time. I’m headed to Orlando this Thursday to demonstrate at a Demonstrator gathering. I am really excited as my mom is traveling with me. We will make it a girls weekend too. I can’t wait.
I’ve learned a great lesson during all of this. I love to live life to the fullest and I don’t want to miss out on anything. It’s not a bad way of life, but I learned that while you love life don’t overwhelm yourself so much that the joy gets sucked out of it during it. Yikes.
Time for me to get my big project done prior to this next travel date. Stamps in the Mail is due this week. It’s a fun stamping week for my members.
Stick with me. I do have lots to share. I have been stamping. <smile> Hopefully you follow my Facebook group which I keep updated with fun projects.
Here is one of my favorite projects we made at my club recently. A very simple clean shaker card. I love this framelits- Wonderful Wreath Framelits Die. WOWSA!!
You can see all of the supplies used for this card below.
The new Holiday Supplement is LIVE. There are gorgeous products available in the Supplement. Check out all of the fun products HERE.
Weekly deals for the WEEK: