Archive for May 9th, 2012:
My house is a happy place right now because I'm holding my NEW handy dandy Stampin' Up! Catalog. My eyes cannot gaze away. I love the artwork. I love it so much it was the inspiration for this card. I found this very fun layout in the catalog and thought it would be great for my Tea Shoppe stamp set. You can't begin to understand how excited I was to see this stamp set carry over. It made me so happy. The card itself is very simple. I started with Whisper White Cardstock and used my Striped Embossing Folder directly to the base of the card. I used a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock (3.5 x 3 3/4) and scored along each edge at 1/4" using my handy Simply Scored Tool. Have you fallen in love with that product yet? It doesn't take much to fall madly in love. I stamped my images onto Whisper White cardstock using Early Espresso and Rose Red ink colors. The tea cup images were punched using the 1" Square punch and then matted onto a piece of Whisper White that was punched with the Postage Punch. I added a little Rose Red Scallop Border punch under the Crumb Cake just like the card in the catalog. You will notice the little flower on the safety pin… that's a yummy new embellishment in the catalog. It's hanging on with a Mini Glue Dot for dear life.
Now, the big question… If you have the same beautiful new catalog I have, can you find the card I CASED? If you do not have the NEW catalog I know a way you can get one FAST! Sign up to be a demonstrator today and you can have 4 of them sent to you! It's so easy to become a demonstrator and even better now that Stampin' Up! has the $99 My Way Starter Kit. YOU choose what you want in your starter kit.
You can find out more about this great opportunity by visiting my website HERE. I'd love to have you join my team.
Hope you're having a GREAT week.
I tell my kids all the time, "Would you please stop growing!" My little boy turns 11 today. Birthday's are so exciting but it makes me reflect on how FAST the kids are growing up. Too FAST.
Brandon has been reminding us everyday with a countdown to the big day. Tonight he asked me to make Macaroni and Cheese because it would be the last time he would eat it at the ripe age of 10. He also asked Russ to build a Lego set with him because it would be the last one built at the age of 10. I love how he can be so dramatic leading up to the big moment. It does seem like yesterday we were just bringing him into this crazy world. I remember calling my mom to come with me to my Dr. appointment because Russ had to go fly that day. I had not felt well all day. Little did I know I was in labor. Once I was seen by my Dr. I wasn't going home and we were frantically trying to find Russ. He was just walking onto the tarmac to get into the Jet when someone called his name to tell him he would be piloting his wife in the labor room. It was just a short 7 hours later -May 9th @ 12:07- we brought sweet Brandon into the world. Happy Birthday sweet boy. You make this mama melt everyday!
10 Things I Love About Brandon!
1. I love how you randomly just come to give me hugs and kisses and tell me how much you love me and really don't want anything in return.
2. I love reminding you that your shirt is on backwards or your zipper is down. It makes me feel like you still need me.
3. I love that when I do laundry I find TONS of treasures in your pockets and it tells the story of your days.
4. I love hearing you pray at night and that you include family or friends who need our prayers without any prompt. It's totally from your heart.
5. I love that you still kiss me goodbye in front of your friends and EVERYDAY at the bus stop.
6. I love it when you ask me to lay by your side at night so you can tell me what's on your mind.
7. I love your infectious laugh. I can be far away and hear your giggle and it makes me giggle.
8. Although this has not been an easy year at school, I love that you continue to try your best and show them just how GREAT you are.
9. I love when you come home from camping and take a shower and you still have dirt rings around your ankles. It makes me smile.
10. Most of all I love that you helped take care of me and Alexis while Daddy was away. You were the best little man ever. It wasn't an easy job.
Happy Birthday Brandon!